Amazing Sandcastles 3:45

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Valued Member

Amazing Sandcastles 3:45

Postby lindonalta » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:14 pm

Just got PSG4.5 yesterday and decided to play around with it today. I had to tame "the wizard" abit but I like that feature for a quick show - I think it will be a handy dandy feature. Like some of the new slide styles. Pictures from a Sandcastle competition in Abbotsford, B.C.

revised: http://www.photodex.com/share/lindonalta/47pa9mg4

Linda
Last edited by lindonalta on Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Honorary ProShow PHD

Re: Amazing Sandcastles 3:45

Postby stickgirl » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:35 pm

Linda -

Isn't it amazing what someone can do with sand? I could stand there and watch them for hours. We've seen it done in person, but the outcome is always religious figures and that gets boring when that is the only thing that is ever done.

I think the wizard worked well for this show and you must have tweaked it in all the right places. I have to say the music wore on my nerves around the minute mark.

Loved the show. Thanks for posting!

Kathy

Postby Ron » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:34 pm

Hey Linda
Great use of the wizard. I think Sandcastle Art is simply amazing. I loved Biker Babe & Den of Bears, thought they were both great. It must take a certain type of artist to accept the fact that your art is short lived, like the sidewalk chalk artists.
WRT your show creation you tweaked the right places. Only criticism I would offer is the music didn't do it for me.
I've never seen Sand Art in person. Thanks for sharing, I appreciate it.
Ron
"Family over Friends" "Night over Day" "Nikon over Canon" "Gravy over Everything"

Postby debngar » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:15 pm

Those are awesome pieces of art. I wouldn't know where to start just to get the vision of one of those scenes in the first place. Wow.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby SherryJB » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:46 pm

Linda - These pictures are amazing! Can't even decide which I liked most...the craggy face at about 2:40 really captured me though.

I think your use of the wizard was excellent. Usually these shows have stuff flying all over. You must have made a custom theme to get such a creative composition. You did an excellent job. So, how long did it take you to get this result?

I thought the music was just fine too. I really liked the show. Thanks for sharing.

Sherry B.

Valued Member

Postby lindonalta » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:14 am

Thanks everyone for having a look and your comments.

Kathy/Ron: You were right about my original music choice - I did change it to something more "relaxing".

SherryB: The sand sculptures were amazing!! My favorite was the bear scene but the faces were incredible - they were huge!!. The wizard did have things flying all over originally. My little show of 3 min took me hours because I was unfamiliar with all the new transitions and slide styles and I had to "play around" for a long time. I did use one of the "custom themes" originally, but cant remember which one!!

Postby LouLou » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:17 pm

Linda ... Good show! Those were amazing sandcastles! These artists are very talented. We have a local beach that has a contest every summer for "Sand Art".. It never ceases to amaze me what they come up with! I thought the music was ok... maybe a little "beachy" music may have worked better for me :) I was interested in where this place is... I noticed the beautiful scenery in the background. ~ loulou
Enjoy life! This is not a dress rehearsal!

Valued Member

Postby lindonalta » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:07 pm

LouLou - the place was at Harrison Hot Springs about 45 miles away from Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada

Postby BarbaraC » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:05 am

Linda, I enjoyed every single second of your show, and not just because those sand sculptures were amazing, but also because of the way in which you tamed the Wizard. You did a great job.

The part I didn't like? Knowing that sand sculpture is so ephemeral. Here today, gone tomorrow. :(

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Penny47 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:30 pm

Just watched your show and loved it. I am in the process of considering buying Pro Show Gold 4.5 instead of PSP 4.5 I only use the show for myself and family and think that gold will give me just what I need. Thanks for sharing such a great show.

Valued Member

Postby lindonalta » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:36 pm

Penny: glad you enjoyed the show. While I am envious of a few things that Producer can do that Gold can't - I am very satisfied with Gold for my family shows.

Postby tomdavis » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:13 am

Linda: Loved the show. Beautiful photography and the show was well put together. I have also taken the liberty to peruse your other works and loved "Parents Wish." Keep posting with PSG!

Tom

Valued Member

Postby lindonalta » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:30 am

Thanks Tom. Parents Wish is one of my favorite shows even though it had no pictures that I took - and the words were from an unknown author. Recently had to restore my shows due to computer crash and now the fonts are all wrong - so I have some reconstruction work to do on Parents Wish.

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Penny47 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:03 pm

Hi Linda,
Loved the show. I am a sucker when it comes to sand art. Thanks for sharing. I loved it all.

Cheers Penny

Postby Loren Sutherland » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:26 pm

No problem viewing this one. They have an annual competition here in Portland Or. every year. It is amazing what they can do. Nice show.

Loren

Next

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback