From steel town to green valleys

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

From steel town to green valleys

Postby rob_marshall » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:19 am

The text intro to this one explains what it's about. But basically, a bike ride we did from Port Talbot (very industrial) along a new cycle trail up to Glyncorrwg (don't try pronouncing that one with a mouthful of crisps). All shots were taken with either a Panasonic G3 or Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

All comments welcome.

Re: From steel town to green valleys

Postby Bart_B » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:53 am

Hi Rob,

I see you are pretty new here so welcome and thanks for sharing your work. I hope we see more of your projects in the future. I will have to show this to my wife, her ancestors are from Wales so she will be interested to see a bit of her "homeland." Your show gave an interesting look into the old town. You could easily do a whole show built around that old town, I imagine there are infinite opportunities for great photographs there. The rural part was gorgeous! Just a couple minor suggestions to help you with this show helpfully. In the early part of the show are a few captions that are fairly lengthy. They are just a little too short in duration. I am a fast reader and they got by me before I had a chance to take in the full caption. The other thing that caught my attention was in the early part of the town and factories the sound track is some sort of construction or machinery sounds, something of that nature. For me and this may well be just me but the long lingering fade transitions were a little at odds with the kind of harsh sounds I was hearing. I think a much quicker transition would be helpful. The soft lingering fades work much better when that is more the nature of the music in the background. Hope that make sense.

Overall you are off to a good start! I am assuming that since you are new to the forum you are fairly new to ProShow as well so good work as you are getting started.

Bart

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:47 am

Very nice - I would give the intro text another couple of seconds to allow people to read it, but otherwise well done. I need to get back out on my bike - we have some good bike trails here that are good even for us fat old men :roll:

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby rob_marshall » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:02 am

Hi Bart

Thank you for the comments - very helpful. It's a long way from South Wales to New Mexico, and you might have the edge on weather!

I can't redo the video, but I have added a pause of 5 secs on YouTube for that first lengthy caption. It doesn't seem to affect the rest of the audio/image synchronising.

The first sondtrack is a recording of steel works, but not the works in the video. I wasn't sure about it at first, but when you are in Port Talbot it is a very noisy place - steel works, and traffic noise from a motorway. It does sound like the track with the constant background noise. But I agree with you about the transitions - they need to be a bit sharper. Good point.

I think ProShow is very good, but one thing I find difficult is making a video look as if it wasn't produced by it. Do you know what I mean?

Thanks for your useful comments.

Rob

Bart_B wrote:Hi Rob,

I see you are pretty new here so welcome and thanks for sharing your work. I hope we see more of your projects in the future. I will have to show this to my wife, her ancestors are from Wales so she will be interested to see a bit of her "homeland." Your show gave an interesting look into the old town. You could easily do a whole show built around that old town, I imagine there are infinite opportunities for great photographs there. The rural part was gorgeous! Just a couple minor suggestions to help you with this show helpfully. In the early part of the show are a few captions that are fairly lengthy. They are just a little too short in duration. I am a fast reader and they got by me before I had a chance to take in the full caption. The other thing that caught my attention was in the early part of the town and factories the sound track is some sort of construction or machinery sounds, something of that nature. For me and this may well be just me but the long lingering fade transitions were a little at odds with the kind of harsh sounds I was hearing. I think a much quicker transition would be helpful. The soft lingering fades work much better when that is more the nature of the music in the background. Hope that make sense.

Overall you are off to a good start! I am assuming that since you are new to the forum you are fairly new to ProShow as well so good work as you are getting started.

Bart

Postby rob_marshall » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:06 am

gpsmikey wrote:Very nice - I would give the intro text another couple of seconds to allow people to read it, but otherwise well done. I need to get back out on my bike - we have some good bike trails here that are good even for us fat old men :roll:

mikey

Thank you, Mikey. As you can see in the above reply, I added 5 secs on youtube to the first long caption.

I love my bike, and there are some really brilliant trails in South Wales, including some world-class technical trails where I can break my neck! :D

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback