2010 Spring Challenge

This area is for member suggested challenges using ProShow Producer only. See top thread for challenge rules.

2010 Spring Challenge

Postby weldr » Wed May 12, 2010 4:17 pm

This isn't really about my hometown but it is somewhat about the Island I live on. I've done this for a DVD I'm going to be selling at the local Farmers Market this summer. It is 10 minutes long...it's all scenic panorama's that are shot less than 10 miles from home. May be slow and boring to some but I wanted time to enjoy the pictures. The first 5 mountain pictures are looking west at the Olympic Mountain's on the Olympic Peninsula. The rest are looking east at the Cascade Mountains. If anyone is interested, I purchased royalty rights to the music from Jamendo. $16.50 USD for a 5 year any use and it wasn't very hard to do. The show is 10 minutes + and 12.45 MB, nothing objectionable. Comments and suggestions welcome. Thanks, Don http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... alb=157706
Canon EOS 50D,PSE7,Latest Producer, new computer...don't know specs off hand but runs Producer with no problems.

Re: 2010 Spring Challenge

Postby Bob R » Wed May 12, 2010 5:38 pm

Hi Don,

You sure do know how to do Panoramas. I think that throwing in a few close-ups, style changes, or varied transitions might make it a little more interesting. I watched it clear through and did get to the point that I wanted the movement to stop so I really could enjoy the scene.

Nonetheless, a nice show and thanks much for sharing. And thanks for the comment about the royalty rights.

Bob

Postby Bart_B » Thu May 13, 2010 5:35 am

Don,

Thanks for sharing your slice of heaven! What gorgeous country. Being originally a Pacific Northwester, watching that really makes me miss the cold salt air, Dungeness Crabs, clams, oysters and the list goes on. However it does not make me miss the rain :D

Bart

Postby marmart » Thu May 13, 2010 7:04 am

Don, those were the most beautiful photos! What a beautiful place to live and I have now added it to a place I want to visit.

Will you have this playing at the Farmers Mkt? Best of luck, it was just beautifully done.

Mary

Postby HunnyB » Thu May 13, 2010 4:54 pm

Great show. Beautiful photos. Thank you for sharing. Loved it. :D
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

Postby BarbaraC » Thu May 20, 2010 7:57 am

Don, I try never to miss your shows because you either totally amuse us with your sense of humor or you wow us with your photos. This was of the latter sort. You live in a beautiful place, but that beauty doesn't ensure great photos. That's the job of the photographer, and you've done one hellava good job. Just one teeny-tiny flaw that should be easy to fix: There should be no apostrophe at the beginning in "panoramas."

Question: Who is John Trevor and what is that bleak-looking building? It struck me instantly that there must be an interesting story behind it.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby weldr » Sun May 23, 2010 9:14 am

Thanks all for watching. Hey Bart, I live in the Rainshadow of the Olympic Peninsula. We get less than half the rain of Seattle. Still get a lot of 'gray days' but a sunny day makes us forget. I'm less than 20 miles from Everett, the convergence zone. I can see the dark sky when the weather is bad. My family from back east quit calling when Seattle has such bad weather...I don't watch the news so Seattle can be having a nasty storm and we're having sun. Barbra, Thanks for the compliments. Someone else PM'd me about the 's, I fixed it. Don't know who John Trevor is but he was some military guy. A bunch of buildings have names. This is an army fort from WW!. There were three forts built to protect Puget Sound from enemy invasion. This one, Fort Casey, is slowing being refurbished. Here's one of my shows from there. It's a very photogenic spot. Really changes from season to season and day to day. http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... alb=157706 Thanks again! Don
Canon EOS 50D,PSE7,Latest Producer, new computer...don't know specs off hand but runs Producer with no problems.

Postby BarbaraC » Sun May 23, 2010 10:18 am

Don, I was held captive by the Fort Casey show. It seems odd to say that I loved it in view of its subject, and yet I did. I don't know how or why it worked this way, but the periodic inclusion of people somehow emphasized the sad memories of war. And then there was the music--it was perfect.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby Anna J » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:42 am

Don,
What a beautiful place to live! It must be like living in a postcard. I especially liked the picture of the cows grazing with the water in the background.
Mary, when you head out there, please stop by and pick me up!
Anna J
Anna

Postby trulytango » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:33 am

Beautiful vistas, Don! I enjoyed your show - nice and peaceful.

BTW, Tristan is gorgeous!

TTFN
Iris
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

Return to PSP - Challenges