March 08 Challenge - Rome Revisited

This area is for member suggested challenges using ProShow Producer only. See top thread for challenge rules.

Postby trulytango » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:15 am

Hi Sandy

Thanks for the link to your show. I have just watched it and really enjoyed it. Looks like you had quite a trip. Now I've got itchy feet too... notice I said feet and not saddle! A biking holiday must be quite an adventure, but I suspect I couldn't stand the pace, especially after a hearty Tuscan lunch :roll:

I have been to Tuscany (Forte di Marmi, Lucca and Viareggio) and the place is a dream. Also been to Florence, but I didn't have a camera at the time(?) :x Will have to rectify that some day.

Yes... the travel bug is beginning to bite hard.

TTFN
Iris

Postby trulytango » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:42 am

Hello pd

You have some interesting points there... regarding feathering, yes, I agree they would look better. But the cut-outs are fairly old, from a previous project where the sharp edges were not that noticeable. I simply re-used them for the purpose of putting this little show together in a short time :oops:

The initial black backgrounds were intentional... I wanted to 'build up' to the first finished montage, along with the music, whilst at the same time catching the interest of the viewer? With regards to the ending, I should maybe have held the final montage onscreen a little longer before the closing credits. I really love the piano at the end and had a hard time deciding when to fade it out - the original track picks up again for a further 4 minutes - but at least we agree upon the choice of music. The theme was 'Over The Top' and this dramatic track fitted perfectly.

Best regards
Iris :D

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:43 am

trulytango wrote:I still had the full psd files so I was just able to go back today and lift the individual layers - that's why the cut outs sit well in size etc.

I don't know how many times I've been sorry for flattening a picture in Photoshop and saving it as such. You've just added to the many reasons I already have to stop making this stupid mistake.

Barbara

Postby cherub » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:10 am

Iris,
This was truly beautiful!
Of course I am an admirer of Italy and anything connected to it, and I think you did it justice in this show.
Like all the rest here, I also need to learn more about collages. They worked miracles in this show.
Great show Iris.

Postby trulytango » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:23 am

Thanks Mona... I'm glad watched it - I recall you being a fan of Italy, so its nice to know it meets with your approval. :D

Now Barbara, don't get even madder, but because I still had the psd files I've been able to go back to the original cutouts once again this afternoon, and tidy them up to (hopefully) make pd smile. But if he is not happy this time around I will flatten them violently and put them to rest with your lost files up in Photoshop Heaven....

pd - I have made a few tweaks/feathers as you suggested. I adjusted the ending slightly and I even cloned out that bit of the river bank... all this with a hungry cat prowling around :lol:

Here's the revised link:
http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 0599&alb=0

Over and out
Iris

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Penny47 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:54 am

Iris,
Finally go a chance to watch your show this morning and what a show it was.
It was just great and I loved the music with it. Makes me feel like I am right there.
Thanks for the show.

Penny

Postby trulytango » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:20 pm

Thanks Penny

Glad you had time to catch the show.

Best regards
Iris
UK

Postby nannybear » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:51 pm

Excellent show Iris, and I only got to watch now so I watched the tweaked one. PD has taught me many things in the past and I have spent many hours trying to perfect what he is teaching me.lol. He has a great eye, and is a great teacher. Doesn't have a lot of time to be around on the forum so grab him when you can. Haven't thought what I am going to do but this certainly has my cap on. Let's hope it has ideas by the weekend. Loved the music, and your colors and blending were awesome!!! hugs Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Postby newtcruiser » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:20 pm

Iris, that was truly entertaining. I loved the statues fading into the pictures, very well done. Thanks so much for sharing.

Linda :lol:

Postby trulytango » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:37 am

Good morning Jan and Linda

Thanks for taking time to view and post a comment, I really appreciate it.

Jan - pd had some really valid points, stuff that I would normally pay closer attention to, but because I had a lightbulb idea for the Challenge I just dove straight in, did the show and posted it. I'm a lot happier with version 2 even though the differences may be hard to spot for some.

Looking forward to seeing some more shows for this challenge!

Have a great day
Iris

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby pd » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:06 am

Hi Iris,

Thanks for taking on board some of my ideas. You already had a good product and with that tweaking got you to the top of the class.
Nannybear, you flatter me. Always short of time but I cannot help it but browse when I have the time. Normally when I see an effort as good as this, I offer comments. Looking forward to yours.

regards
pd

Postby trulytango » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:06 pm

Thanks pd

Glad you could revisit Rome with me.

A few people have shown an interest in the idea of creating a virtual collage so I'm currently working on 'the making of...Rome'. Hopefully it will persuade people to retain original psd/layered files - as you never know when they might come in handy!

Thanks again to everyone who has taken time out to watch.

TTFN
Iris

Stumpy

Postby Stumpy » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:33 pm

I've watched this show a few times now and i still love it.

The collage detail is great.

My only critic' would be......go with the original length track because it's awesome

Stuart

Postby trulytango » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:49 pm

Good God Stumpy?

I do have a life outside of ProShow and this Forum :lol:

I agree... its an awesome track - filling the first 3 minutes was painful enough...

Still laughing :lol:
Iris

Esteemed Member

Postby Mac » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:34 am

That was great Iris! Perfect match of mood, music, and color (good font choice too). What method do you use for your extractions? They're quite good. You know, I see people using producer to do some of the things I do in Photoshop (not extractions) and I wonder if I'll ever make that switch if I ever get producer.

PreviousNext

Return to PSP - Challenges