March Challenge -- "Over the Top" Images from Ma

This area is for member suggested challenges using ProShow Producer only. See top thread for challenge rules.
Valued Member

March Challenge -- "Over the Top" Images from Ma

Postby Cary » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:45 pm

I love a Challenge!!!

So when I first read about the March Show Challenge of “Over the Top,” I had to close my eyes for a while and think about what does that really mean.

For some reason, I thought back to my High School American History Class in the little town in NJ where I grew up. The discussion that day was about World War 1 and some of the expressions that came out of it such as “Three on a Match” and “Over the Top”.

So I at least had a starting point. I didn’t know where it would take me or why but this is where my thoughts about the challenge began.

During the course of the month of March, I have been taking photos here at the beach in Los Angeles (Venice Beach) and have been playing with them.

Some of them I no long consider even photos but just images. I use a hefty amount of HDR manipulation with multiple exposures, Lucis Arts filtering, pushing saturation levels and extreme noise reduction combined with all sort of Photoshop tricks.

So with some recent images from March along with a long forgotten history lesson as well as a few glasses of Merlot, I put together a little show to share my thoughts on “Over the Top.”

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 7462&alb=0

Tip of the Hat to “The Lost Battalion” for video.

Enjoy.

Cary
We skipped the light fandango, turned cartwheels 'cross the floor.
I was feeling kinda seasick, but the crowd called out for more...........
ProShow Producer 4.1

Postby HunnyB » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:48 pm

Well, you little show off. Some great effects going on.
Thanks for posting. Good job.

HunnyB
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

Postby nannybear » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:22 pm

tried to watch tonight but kept buffering....will try again tomorrow...cheers Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Postby rkligman » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:47 pm

That was some show! Love the intro and then it kept going. I haven't seen those kind of effects before! Very entertaining and Over the Top!
Rick Insane Diego...

Postby weldr » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:54 pm

Whoa Cary! That could have been a lot longer and not hurt my feelings. Very nice. Thanks for sharing, Don
Canon EOS 50D,PSE7,Latest Producer, new computer...don't know specs off hand but runs Producer with no problems.

Postby trulytango » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:26 am

Hi there

Great use of video footage - the film strip was a really neat addition. Liked your beach scenes very much too.

Regards

Iris
UK

Postby marmart » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:52 am

Cary - you and the Merlot worked magic on this show! It is Over the Top for sure and it was great. The HDR photos are fantastic.

Well done,

Mary

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby 57Corvette » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:41 am

Cary,

Very nice job with your Over The Top entry ......... really like the images and video footage. Glad you're liking your new software.

Bob
Nikon D80
ProShow Producer
CS3 Extended
Paint Shop Pro xi

Esteemed Member

Postby thoutmosis » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:03 am

Congratulations,
I really liked the effects of colorization and inlay

thoutmosis

Return to PSP - Challenges