April Contest Input

This area is for member suggested challenges using ProShow Producer only. See top thread for challenge rules.
skiyak

April Contest Input

Postby skiyak » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:15 pm

Let me know what you think about this idea?
---------

Ever received pictures that just aren't all that exciting; you have a group picture but there's someone in the group that turns their head; the lighting is lousy, or there's a distracting background? A lot of these things can be fixed in Photoshop or some other editing program but this all takes time and you really don't want to fix 100 photos, nor do you want to change completely the photos that the person gave you. After all, it is their pics! What can you do? Therein lies the challenge.

By using masks, movement, keyframes, collages, music, props, etc., try to make these pictures as interesting as possible. But you have to be careful that you're not taking away from the picture. Remember, that is why you've been given them.

I went to the mall at lunch and took some pictures as I did not want to use personal pictures. Very boring and badly taken pics (about 30) of people on an escalator, others sitting at a fountain and a couple of very short videos. You can use as many or as little as you want to demonstrate what you might do with some of the pics to add interest. On most pics, you can tell who should be the main subject (or decide for yourself). Think of the main subjects as people you know rather than a person in the mall, so if you feel like giving them names, do so. It's up to you.

Esteemed Member

Postby toad » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:10 pm

I think that is a great idea. Most of us are faced with doing shows with pictures like this and it can be a quite a challenge, especially if you are like me and know only basics in Photoshop.

Postby cherub » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:27 pm

The idea is fantastic!
What about the music? Can we choose our own, or are we all going to use the same one?

skiyak

Postby skiyak » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:48 am

cherub wrote:The idea is fantastic!
What about the music? Can we choose our own, or are we all going to use the same one?

You can use whatever music you want.

Postby trulytango » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:34 am

Hello Skiyak

Sounds good to me - it'll be very interesting to see (and hear) how others interpret the images.

Regards
Iris

Stumpy

Postby Stumpy » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:37 am

Sounds like a good idea (will give me a rest from using photoshop :lol: ).

One question though.....Are we using our own photos or are we going to be using your mall photos?

Stuart

skiyak

Postby skiyak » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:39 am

Stumpy wrote:Sounds like a good idea (will give me a rest from using photoshop :lol: ).

One question though.....Are we using our own photos or are we going to be using your mall photos?

Stuart

I'm open to either. I guess the thought was that if everyone uses the same pics (you don't have to use all but thought I would give you a choice), you're then at the same start point and you can see how everyone handles the pics differently. Some of the pics are purposefully badly composed -- pics I would file in "G", but I know a lot of people take shots like this all the time. It'd be interesting to see how the flaws have been handled using Proshow.

I'm going to take a few more pics at lunch, probably outside since the pics I've taken are oh so uninspiring and will probably post on Sunday night. As they'll just be an assortment of pics and no real theme, what I'll do is concentrate on taking pics of people.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby seektheburd » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:55 am

I like this idea SkiYak! Keep snapping photos. It will be interesting to see how forum members approach the same pictures. Hopefully I will be able to participate this month but seems I am caring for my infant grandson more and more these days. It's not like it used to be when my kids were young and I worked full time. Now, by the end of the day I am physically and mentally wore out! Smiles.

Hugs, Stephanie

Postby weldr » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:09 am

I'll give it a try. Thanks, Don
Canon EOS 50D,PSE7,Latest Producer, new computer...don't know specs off hand but runs Producer with no problems.

Postby nannybear » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:22 am

I am up for it, where do we pick up the pics!! Cheers Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Postby HunnyB » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:44 am

Jan, there is a link under the post in Producer>Contests.

I downloaded the images. I may try and do this one.
Have 2 paid shows that I have to get done in the next couple weeks.
Looks interesting though. Need the PERFECT music for this show.
Ummmmmmm

HunnyB
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

Postby trulytango » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:18 pm

Hi Skiyak

Thanks for making the pictures available. Just to clarify - we can use any or all files in any manner we see fit for this contest? Apply them to a scenario of our own choosing - and our own music?

This will be a most interesting challenge.

Good luck everyone!

Iris :D

skiyak

Postby skiyak » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:10 pm

trulytango wrote:Hi Skiyak

Thanks for making the pictures available. Just to clarify - we can use any or all files in any manner we see fit for this contest? Apply them to a scenario of our own choosing - and our own music?

This will be a most interesting challenge.

Good luck everyone!

Iris :D

Yes, any way you want. I think it would have limited the creative juices otherwise, especially when there's really no subject or theme to the pics.

wendy

Return to PSP - Challenges