June Challenge - Hobbes

This area is for member suggested challenges using ProShow Producer only. See top thread for challenge rules.
Stumpy

Re: June Challenge - Hobbes

Postby Stumpy » Thu May 29, 2008 11:57 am

That was a totally different approach to the contest. And you did a great job.

It's amazing how we get attached to our four legged friends. I grew up with a jack russell for 13 years, when i was a youngster, and it broke my heart when she went. Now i've got a cat, who's getting on a bit now, and everytime i go upstairs and see her asleep on the bed i have to make sure she's still breathing...silly i know but there we go.

Great show....looking forward to seeing more.

Stuart

Postby BarbaraC » Fri May 30, 2008 7:21 am

Beth, you were completely up to the challenge, and then you added that extra thing: meaning. That meaning was no better illustrated than when you used a crop showing only a hand resting on Hobbes.

I loved your story about Hobbes and the amazing part of being in the right place at the right time so you could be reunited. Most certainly, it was fated.

And of course the new member of the family is named Calvin. What else could it be? :D

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

BethS

Postby BethS » Fri May 30, 2008 11:03 am

Barbara,

The crop of my husband's hand on Hobbes is my favorite part of the show. Today would have been Hobbes' 15th birthday. Every year we would give him a cupcake (frosting and all). We would put it on a small plate on the floor. He would put his mouth over it and in less than one second it was gone. I honor of that, I am buying cupcakes for dessert (oops, should not have had the Dairy Queen cone just now), and we all have to eat them with no hands. How funny will that be?

So glad you liked the show even though it may have stepped away a bit from the challenge. But it was only one image. :)

Beth

Sweet Hobbes

Postby SandyB » Sat May 31, 2008 8:33 am

Beth ~
What a story and such a nice show to remember your sweet friend.
Your husband's hand on Hobbes is so touching!
(Liked those lavendar flowers too.)
Looks like you're well on your way to learning Producer.
Good job!
Sandy
Connecting Who You Are With What You Love To Do

BethS

Postby BethS » Sat May 31, 2008 5:49 pm

Thanks Sandy.

I am enjoying playing with Producer. Seems I learn something new everyday. I just finished a show for someone that I am going to put up to share as soon as they play it at their party next week. There are some fun things in it including some movements that were shared in the Eagle Rays Template.

Beth

Debi1054

Postby Debi1054 » Sat May 31, 2008 5:58 pm

Beth, A terrific show, and a wonderful story of fate and love. My dog is 9 years old, and while I know eventually the day will come, I cannot bear to think of it.
Debi

Postby tm-hranch » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:28 am

Beth,
Loved your show. Dogs truly are man's best friend. Really liked how you used the sepia effect (if that's correct!).
Theresa

Previous

Return to PSP - Challenges