Golden Oldies - Hafod

This area is for member suggested challenges using ProShow Producer only. See top thread for challenge rules.

Golden Oldies - Hafod

Postby heckydog » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:10 am

I searched and searched and could not find the original thread but I had to post this one anyway.

I didn't know much about Peter Frampton because by the time I found this forum Peter had been fighting a long but losing battle with cancer and was close to the end of his life. Fortunately these shows remain for people to enjoy and perhaps aspire to.

One that I was particularly fond of was this show about Hafod.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 5120&alb=0

Joe

Re: Golden Oldies - Hafod

Postby debngar » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:28 am

Joe,

That was a great find! I had forgotten about Peter since I was sort of in and out of this forum at that time and didn't really know him much.

I think it would be a wonderful tribute to Peter for you to post his show again in the regular Sample Show area in this case. He is long gone but it would be a very nice memory of his work to share it again there for those who are not visiting this part of the forum. I distinctly remember Rectory Garden show too.

Do you happen to know who it was that posted the tribute to him and the Rectory Garden show as a memorial? I recall seeing pictures of him in that one that someone else did but don't know who it was that did it. That one could also be a good one to "resurrect". Perhaps posting all three in one thread would be an idea that might work since they are related. Any thoughts?

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:40 am

Joe, thank you so much for bringing this show to our attention. There's nothing I like more than a story well told, and this is certainly that.

Peter Frampton honored the family at Hafod, and I find it an honor to watch the show.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby debngar » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:23 am

Barbara,

Specifically, did you notice how well the voice over was done along with the music and he also added some background sounds too. It's more common to see this in member's shows these days but he had it mastered long before many of us even tried to do all that.

Your story telling shows like "The Chair" is a good example of photos and audio story.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:34 am

Yes, I forgot to mention the quality of the voice-over. Added to that is his perfectly matched accent that's very reminiscent of Sean Connery.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby heckydog » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:37 am

debngar wrote:Joe,

That was a great find! I had forgotten about Peter since I was sort of in and out of this forum at that time and didn't really know him much.

I think it would be a wonderful tribute to Peter for you to post his show again in the regular Sample Show area in this case. He is long gone but it would be a very nice memory of his work to share it again there for those who are not visiting this part of the forum. I distinctly remember Rectory Garden show too.

Do you happen to know who it was that posted the tribute to him and the Rectory Garden show as a memorial? I recall seeing pictures of him in that one that someone else did but don't know who it was that did it. That one could also be a good one to "resurrect". Perhaps posting all three in one thread would be an idea that might work since they are related. Any thoughts?

I remember that tribute too. The picture of Peter and his wife by a fireplace. I think she sent it with a note of thanks. I don't know who it was that posted it but they may pop in here and see this thread.

I can't find it. The messages must scroll off pretty quick. Too bad there isn't a searchable archive. hint hint :roll:

I will post links to both shows in the Sample Show section.

Joe

And thanks Barbara for the idea for this thread.

Postby Anna J » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:31 pm

What a wonderful show! Joe, thank you for bringing it back to our attention.
Anna
Anna

Postby Frankie » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:18 am

heckydog wrote:I searched and searched and could not find the original thread but I had to post this one anyway.

I didn't know much about Peter Frampton because by the time I found this forum Peter had been fighting a long but losing battle with cancer and was close to the end of his life. Fortunately these shows remain for people to enjoy and perhaps aspire to.

One that I was particularly fond of was this show about Hafod.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 5120&alb=0

Joe

Hi Joe,
How unfortunate for me that I didn't have the privilege of knowing Peter but I'm so grateful you posted his show on Hafod. It was as though I was listening to a narration by Tolkien about his beloved land. I'm sure there must have been a hobbit hole around somewhere and I just missed it. It's quite a testament also to the members of this forum that you honor the work of the other members even after they've gone. I think that's really quite wonderful of all of you.

Warm regards,
Frankie

Postby gpsmikey » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:54 am

That was one of my favorites too (and yes, he does sound like Sean Connery). I have a copy of that at home on my system (actually, I grabbed a number of his shows - he was a real talent ! )

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby dilyla » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:27 pm

Joe, thank you SO much for digging this out of the archives! This was before my forum days and I'd never seen any of his work.

I could gush on & on about this one. I felt like I was watching a History Channel documentary. Simply superb!

I bookmarked his main sharing site so I can view all his other shows.

- Diana
Dilyla's Designs
Aspire to inspire before you expire.

Postby heckydog » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:31 pm

dilyla wrote:Joe, thank you SO much for digging this out of the archives! This was before my forum days and I'd never seen any of his work.

I could gush on & on about this one. I felt like I was watching a History Channel documentary. Simply superb!

I bookmarked his main sharing site so I can view all his other shows.

- Diana

I also bookmarked his sharing site as soon as I saw this show and I also downloaded it after he passed away just in case, for some reason, his shows were removed. But I think his wife decided to leave them all posted.

There are some shows by other authors that I downloaded but I doubt I'll be able to find the thread or the sharing site. Unfortunately, I didn't bookmark these. One is the Narita Drum Festival and the other is the CAPA Dance Recital. If anybody has links or info on these I'd like to see them posted again.

Joe

Location: First house on the right after you go around the curve...(John Lennon is on my shirt)

Postby imabeatlelover » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:30 am

Peter was a dear friend of mine. We corresponded while he was ill and one day to my surprise my phone rang and when I answered I heard this kind voice on the line talking in a very beautiful British accent...."Is this Pat Jackson in Arizona?" and we had the loveliest conversation and became instant friends. I really miss Peter and his wit and wisdom as I learned a lot from him about creating slideshows and I'm so glad his work is still on the Photodex website for all of us to see. I do check back there often. Memories of Peter always make me smile...

God Bless You Peter! We truly miss you!

Thanks!

A funny story about Peter.... Me, being a child of the 60's and 70's, when I first met Peter I asked him, "Are you THEEEEE Peter Frampton?" He replied with a chuckle....No, but my wife thinks I am, so don't tell her.

Return to PSP - Challenges