Revamped Web Site

Want to share your own personal web site with the other forum members? Post a link here. This section is for personal sites only. Sites promoting slide show businesses are acceptable. Please DO NOT link to sites that you use to sell ProShow styles, templates, etc.
Site Admin

Revamped Web Site

Postby MG - Admin » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:02 pm

I've spent some time this past week reworking my web site from the ground up. I'd grown tired of the previous format and felt it was not only dated, but also felt a bit simple. The new format integrates my enjoyment of photography along with my blog. I hope to make more of an effort to update the blog more often and I think the new format will give me more incentive to do just that. My site is mainly for friends and family to keep up with what's going on in my life. I'm not selling anything or providing anything educational. It's just for fun and a way for me to share the things I have fun with and find interesting.

I'm still working on a few cosmetic issues and I still need to update my older blog entries so the photos load properly, but the main parts are all functioning that I'm aware of. If you decide to take a look please let me know if you come across anything that seems to be not working correctly, or if you see typos, etc.

Thanks for taking a look, and enjoy!

My Photographic Memories

Mike

Re: Revamped Web Site

Postby psychogramma » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:43 pm

Hi Mike,
New site looks great and works nicely. Some very nice photographs you have.

Happy Birthday!! a day late, wishing you all the best in all you do.

The duckling entry is cute. The waterfall with the rainbow strikes my fancy.

Will have to go back again soon and explore.

Thank you for giving us a place to shout out and share and learn. You are appreciated.

Be well and enjoy ALL!
Cathy

Postby Zotz1 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:04 am

Hey Mike,
great web site ! Awesome pics ! Happy Belated B-Day and many thanks for all you do :)
Paul

Postby cherub » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:58 am

It's looking good, Mike !

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:25 am

Important stuff first: Happy birthday!
Important stuff second: Give up and just do an entire re-paint job. In the end, it'll probably take less time.

Really important stuff: Your site looks excellent. Easy to navigate, fun to look at the pictures, and fun to read. The only problem I had is based on the fact that older eyes have the devil of a time reading white text on black. Connected with this is that hovering over a link makes the linked text invisible. Perhaps turning it another contrasting color might solve this. Hey, how about fuchsia? Ya think? :D

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby silverfox » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:11 am

We like your new site ... good work!

Postby marmart » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:26 am

Love the new site Mike! Very easy to navigate and easy on the eyes. It really showcases your photos well and I love reading the blog. Thanks, as always for keeping things fresh whether here at the forum or elswhere in cyberspace.

Hope you had a fabulous birthday..

Mary

Postby trulytango » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:23 am

Hi Mike :D

Hope you had a great birthday... and congrats on the new site, it looks FAB! I'm thinking like Barbara... by weekend you'll be knee deep in dust sheets with a paint roller in hand!

Thanks - and keep on doing what you do 8)

TTFN
Iris
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

Postby ChrissyC » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:01 am

Hi Mike, I also wish you a Happy Birthday..at my age I don't celebrate my birthday..I am staying 39 for the next 15 years thank you very much. :D
Your website is so cool, it's modern, fresh, up beat and really easy to navigate....your hours of work shows..nice job Mike
hugggs, Chrissy

Postby AMD » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:21 am

Loved your site, Mike! Found myself watching some of your slideshows--especially the 2008 ones of the students from Japan. What memories for you and the girls!

I see you share a July birthday with me--hope it was a great one!

Ann

Postby debngar » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:43 am

Nice changes on your website Mike. Happy Birthday too.

You probably already thought of this but just in case, with regards to paint: if you have one kind of paint on your walls, say for instance a flat based paint, and you're trying to match it with a semi-gloss based paint, the color could very well be a match but will look different because of the difference in sheen. You may have a tougher time matching the paint if it's a different brand too but not totally sure about that.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby VidQueen » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:48 am

Happy Birthday!!

Your new site looks very clean and inviting. And your photography is just outstanding!

Beautiful work; both on the photography and your new site :D

Jennifer

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby seektheburd » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:41 am

To my favorite Webmaster

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Your Website looks fabulous! Outstanding photography!

Hugs,
Stephanie
Photodex Gallery: http://www.photodex.com/share/stephanieseek

HP Pavilion p6580t Desktop;Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; i5-750 Quad-Core; 1.5GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 230.
Photodex Producer 5
Adobe Photoshop CS6
Pinnacle Studio 14 Ultimate Collection

Esteemed Member

Postby Aida » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:59 am

Mike,
Earlier today I took a stroll round your website, and then lingered for quite a while in your photo gallery. I particularly enjoyed your HDR photography. Wonderful landscapes, beautifully composed, perfectly photographed. I especially liked the photos that display both the works of nature & of humans - of which you had quite a few - complementing each other perfectly.

In recent months I've been experimenting with software I bought from Topaz Labs to create this kind of HDR effect - which seems to work well with landscapes when judiciously used. Also, I've been experimenting with the creation of painterly effects a la Monet or Renoir, again using my Topaz software. Some photo landscapes seem just right for this kind of impressionistic treatment - again, when judiciously applied.

I take my hat off to you,
-aida
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must
carry it with us or we find it not." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Site Admin

Postby MG - Admin » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:02 pm

Thanks to everyone that has taken a look. Looks like the hover colors are the only items so far that have been mentioned as needing a fix. Those were on my list of cosmetic to-dos that I hadn't gotten to yet. Deciding on a color seems to be harder than it should be. Light blue for now. :D

Thanks for the birthday wishes. I wish I had spent the day doing other things, but priorities always seem to take over. Finishing the painting wouldn't be such an issue other than we have our Japanese exchange students set to arrive tomorrow so I didn't want to drag things out. What should have been a simple chore turned into an exercise of patience. The good news is that I think I've finally got a proper match and just finished up the last of the re-retouching. It'll have to do for now.

Thanks for the compliments on the photos. I still have a lot to learn and need to spend more time on it, but taking photos of our trips and other activities is something that I really enjoy spending my time doing. It's a nice break from all of the stresses that daily life can bring. I'm glad you guys are enjoying viewing the photos. I'll do my best to keep the site updated with new stuff as well as more frequent blog updates.

Okay, back to work getting the older blog posts edited so they function properly.

Thanks!

Mike

Next

Return to Personal Web Sites