Playing at The Playground

Want to share your own personal web site with the other forum members? Post a link here. This section is for personal sites only. Sites promoting slide show businesses are acceptable. Please DO NOT link to sites that you use to sell ProShow styles, templates, etc.

Playing at The Playground

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:23 pm

Well, actually, I was playing in a parking garage, a particular one that I can't go to alone because I get lost. It starts 3 levels below the surface, and is both eerie and fun, given a camera and a companion with a good sense of direction.

Here's the newest Playground post featuring The Parking Garage. It's amazing how many things you can do in hardly more than a minute's worth of nuttiness.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Re: Playing at The Playground

Postby gpsmikey » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:29 pm

Quirky little thing that appeals to my sense of something :lol: At first, I was afraid you were getting lost in a two car garage, but I see this is bigger than that! Perfect soundtrack for it too - it would also be the perfect soundtrack for a closeup video of an ant colony :twisted:

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby SueB » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:33 pm

Hi

I really enjoyed your show, the photography and way you put it together was wonderful. The music married really well with the show. Was it your composition?
Sue

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:53 pm

Mikey, yes, there's that appeal to a sense of Something, and it was Something that made me do it, though I've yet to figure out what Something" is regardless of the fact it's been a longtime companion. Maybe it's akin to the teenage boy mentality that makes him do strange things, which worry his parents. Interesting how it was my son who suggested we go play at the garage, isn't it?

Sue, it's been a really long time since I did a show just for fun. It was a wonderful and wacky break from work. Yes, the music is mine. I had meant to compose an actual song, but I started with a simple drum beat and got playing with it. Before i knew it, I had bongos, congas, a clay drum, and some other drum I can't remember off the top of my head, but after a minute of this, I'd had enough.

Thanks, guys, for watching and enjoying.

Barbara

Esteemed Member

Postby chezeury » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:10 pm

omg, this is great!

I am impressed by the music also. You really are extremely talented! Way to go, girl! :-)
:-)
Maggie
To see my slideshows visit:
http://www.youtube.com/user/chezeury
my photography can be seen at:
http://www.maggieterlecki.com

Postby debngar » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:02 pm

Loved it all, the pictures, presentation, story and music. It's so nice to see your creativeness coming out in a new show - been way too long.

I'm surprised you weren't hassled by some security person. There are so many security cameras around here. Late one afternoon, I drove to the top of the mall's covered parking garage near here and snapped a couple of pictures of the sunset one late afternoon with my cell phone pointed completely away from the building. About 2 minutes later some security guy speaking in broken English drove up in a pick-up truck to tell me I could not do that. LOL He was a bit too late since I already had gotten the pictures but I wasn't about to argue with him. UGH.

Hoping to see more of your creativeness on your website. :D
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:50 am

Maggie, thank you so much. It was done just for fun, and I'm glad the fun showed through.

Debbie, you're right that it's been way too long. I've been aching to just let loose, build a show, and to heck with work. Somewhere along the way, I'd forgotten the joy of playing.

As for security, it's odd that there's none at this garage because it happens to be for the huge complex of government offices and public buildings (state museum, arts center, archives, etc.), and you'd expect security in such a place, but there's absolutely none that I know of. No crime there either, but still... :D

Barbara

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:00 am

BarbaraC wrote:snip ...

As for security, it's odd that there's none at this garage because it happens to be for the huge complex of government offices and public buildings (state museum, arts center, archives, etc.), and you'd expect security in such a place, but there's absolutely none that I know of. No crime there either, but still... :D

Barbara

They were busy guarding the Walmart parking lot :twisted:

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:13 am

gpsmikey wrote:They were busy guarding the Walmart parking lot :twisted:

Or the one at Dunkin' Donuts.

Barbara

Return to Personal Web Sites