New Business and Website

Want to share your own personal web site with the other forum members? Post a link here. This section is for personal sites only. Sites promoting slide show businesses are acceptable. Please DO NOT link to sites that you use to sell ProShow styles, templates, etc.

New Business and Website

Postby Michael R » Sun May 05, 2013 8:52 am

Hi Everyone,
Just launched my new slideshow business here in South Western Ontario. Designed own logo and website. Main focus for the site was to keep it simple, effective, easy to understand the process and with as little text as possible! Would welcome any comments about the site and please check out the Showcase page where you can see examples of my work. The "Colorado Whitewater" show was produced for a client to capture his group's epic Grand Canyon rafting adventure. Turned in to a 32 minute show! Worth a look if you have the time!!

http://www.pictureperfectmemories.ca

Thanks

Michael

Re: New Business and Website

Postby BarbaraC » Sun May 05, 2013 11:55 am

Michael, you've done an excellent job. I'm right with you on the use of as little text as possible. We may be willing to read "War and Peace" in hardback, but we can barely get through a paragraph on the internet. :D

I went through all the sections, finding everything clearly explained and personable. No one has to plow through a single bit of fine print.

My only question is the music, which seems to have little mid-range and no low-range, the result being a "tinny" sort of sound. Other than that, everything looks really good.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby Michael R » Mon May 06, 2013 9:49 am

Hello Barbara
Many thanks for taking the time to look at the site. I always believe that the "less is more" philosophy is so important especially in today's digital age where the average time someone spends on a webpage is measured in seconds. Too often I see websites, whether it be our kind of business or not, that attempt to explain everything on the home page. By the time you've plowed through paragraph after paragraph you forget why you came to the website in the first place!! Knowing when to stop pitching for the sale and ask for the order has to be the golden rule of selling a product or service. Regrettably that is so rarely the case these days!!
I listened to all the tracks again after your comment about the somewhat "tinny" sound of the music and did find myself coming up wanting on one of them (not sure what happened there!) which I will remix. However the others sound fine in my studio (I'm also a professional musician) with good bottom and mid range especially in the Grand Canyon video which is primarily orchestral music and needs a wide spectrum. Of course the majority of people who will play these showcase videos over the web will only hear the music through small computer speakers so the sonic experience will be absent!
Anyway I do appreciate your comments and I am delighted that you like the site. Now to the hard and fun work of promoting the business.
Best regards
Michael

Postby BarbaraC » Mon May 06, 2013 10:10 am

Michael, as per the music, I was listening on my [fill in negative word] speakers, and just by chance, I currently have my studio monitors turned on, so I went back to listen and heard the mid-range sounds in various ones except the birthday example.

When I'm mixing, I try to remember to also listen with the lousy speakers to get a notion of what I have to do to mix for them. Do you listen through regular speakers too?

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby MemoryMagic » Mon May 13, 2013 8:54 am

Congratulations on your new business!! Wishing you the best and a world of success!

Took a quick peek at your website and I liked it very much; some great work, Michael, I am sure that you will do really well.

Kindest regards,
Lori Bossert
Memory Magic
"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them FEEL" M. Angelou"

Return to Personal Web Sites