New Website for Angel Dog Slideshows

Want to share your own personal web site with the other forum members? Post a link here. This section is for personal sites only. Sites promoting slide show businesses are acceptable. Please DO NOT link to sites that you use to sell ProShow styles, templates, etc.
Valued Member

New Website for Angel Dog Slideshows

Postby jskintauy » Thu May 08, 2014 7:23 am

Hi Folks,

I have been working for awhile (about 3 months) on a new website for my little business. I included a blog with the hope of driving some traffic and getting a little more business beyond word of mouth (the best way to get business IMO is word of mouth unless you are a social media / SEO whiz)
Here is the link:

http://www.angeldogslideshows.com

Comments / constructive criticism is welcome.

Jim
Jim S

Re: New Website for Angel Dog Slideshows

Postby trulytango » Thu May 08, 2014 10:15 am

Hi Jim

I watched your 'Why Slideshows' demo and I'd like to offer some constructive comments about the sound.

If you intend to use video clips and special effects that include sound in your productions, you should pay close attention to the noticeable dips in the volume of the main soundtrack that are apparent in your demo. Having the main soundtrack dip in volume, simply to accommodate a camera click sound, is not necessary. IMHO it is entirely off-putting and results in an inferior product.

Which ProShow product will you be using to create your shows? Producer certainly has the capability to clean up those sound issues, but I am unfamiliar with Gold. If you have Producer, then a search of this Forum will certainly throw up a few discussions around "main soundtrack volume video clip" that might help you improve the sound quality in your demo and beyond.

Kind regards
Iris
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

Valued Member

Postby jskintauy » Thu May 08, 2014 2:15 pm

Hi Iris,

I really appreciate your taking the time to look look at the site, and for the productive feedback. I use Producer and, fortunately, know how to fix the volume issue.

Regards,

Jim
Jim S

Postby gpsmikey » Thu May 08, 2014 4:45 pm

Very nice - there were a couple of things I noticed - somewhere around a minute in, there were several slides that sort of "blinked" like an image with a short time although I could not quite pin it down. Also, at the end, I would adjust either the slide times or the music a bit as well as doing a more gradual fade out of the music. It just ended abruptly and sounded out of place.

I like how us old folks still key right in on the sound of the motor drive with the camera flash in spite of the fact that almost nobody is shooting with a motor drive and film these days :twisted: (yeah, I used to buy my BW film in 100 foot rolls and load my own canisters as well as process my film in the basement).

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Valued Member

Postby jskintauy » Thu May 08, 2014 7:05 pm

Hi Mikey,

I am working on a few changes now and they will be up in a bit. I decided to simply start the track later so it doesn't interfere with the film sound. I also noticed the abrupt end and fixed that (it's uploading now)
I must plead guilty about the film / motor drive :) I have been an avid photographer since long before digital. Ironically, I now have two Nikon D7100's that don't sound anything like an old film camera....and I kind of miss it, even though it was loud and distracting. Perhaps I should consider a more muted sound...I will think about that and consider a change. I could always record my D7100 and see how it sounds.
Also, I am not sure about those slides. It looks fine when I play it back in Producer, so I am thinking it was some sort of latency from Youtube. I also don't see it when I play it back from the site. That is not good though, so if I see it, I will try to fix it.

Thanks for your constructive comments.

Regards,

Jim
Jim S

Valued Member

Postby jskintauy » Thu May 08, 2014 7:10 pm

Okay, the new content is up and I am a bit frustrated now... I noticed the film / motor drive sound is slightly off when I play it back in Youtube, but perfect when I play it back in Proshow....grrrrrrrrrr. I don't have time to work on it right now or figure out why it's slightly off. LOL.... it's always something :)

Jim
Jim S

Postby gpsmikey » Thu May 08, 2014 7:25 pm

Hey, I wasn't complaining about the motor drive sound, simply observing that in todays all digital camera world, most of the new folks to photography don't know what it is. I thought it was very high tech to have a camera (my old Minolta) with a motor drive and a data back that imprinted the date/time on the image. Now with the EXIF data in the digital images (especially if you have GPS input to the camera or geotag later), you have access to all the information easily. I kind of miss the smell of fixer :D

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Valued Member

Postby jskintauy » Thu May 08, 2014 7:59 pm

Hi Mikey,

I was pretty sure you weren't complaining, but I am not sure it is relevant to the people I want as customers - people younger than me and with more money!
You are scaring me about missing the smell of fixer! :)

Jim
Jim S

Return to Personal Web Sites