Need some help with new website . . .please!

Want to share your own personal web site with the other forum members? Post a link here. This section is for personal sites only. Sites promoting slide show businesses are acceptable. Please DO NOT link to sites that you use to sell ProShow styles, templates, etc.
Heidi

Need some help with new website . . .please!

Postby Heidi » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:58 pm

:cry: Could someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong here??? I don't think getting shows onto my website should be this difficult, but obviously I'm missing something. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Here's a link to my site:
www.lifepreserverslideshows.com

Thanks again,
Heidi

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:50 am

Heidi

I can see your shows just fine :? except for the last one 'the wedding show'. The roll-over does not seem to be working. I have not looked at the codeing, but this is probably just a simple error.

Brian

Heidi

Postby Heidi » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:03 am

Hi Brian,
Thank you for your reply. I had time to get back in there and change some things around so at least my shows come up now, except for the wedding show. I think I simply forgot to link to that one--oops!

It's definitely a work in progress, with a lot that I want/need to add, but after waiting for four months for a friend to build a website for me, it's definitely better than nothing.

Anyone know the best way to link/upload/embed a flash show?? I know it shouldn't be that difficult, but so far, when I've tried it, the flash shows pop up HUGE, taking up the whole screen. I can't figure out the best way to display a flash version. I'm using WebsiteTonight site builder via GoDaddy.com if that helps. I would like to have my shows available to view in one other format for Mac users, or people that have trouble with the presenter plug-in.

Check out my site if you get a chance, and thanks in advance for any input!

Heidi

PhotoCin

Re: Need some help with new website . . .please!

Postby PhotoCin » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:34 am

Heidi wrote::cry: Could someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong here??? I don't think getting shows onto my website should be this difficult, but obviously I'm missing something. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Here's a link to my site:
www.lifepreserverslideshows.com

Thanks again,
Heidi

I am not a new member but I haven't had the chance to spend much time here (so I am not real familiar with how/where I should make my remarks). I was fortunate enough to have the time to be here today and I came across your website -- I really like it and it is running the shows perfectly. It's a great website with wonderful shows. Just thought I'd put my 2 cents in... :)

Esteemed Member

Postby toad » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:37 pm

Hi Heidi,

How did you get your shows open like that? I asked this question the other day and got some good suggestions but what you have done is exactly what I am trying to do. Any help would be appreciated it has been so frustrating.

Oh and your site looks great.

Heidi

Postby Heidi » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:01 am

Hi Toad,

I hear you!! It was sooo frustrating to get my shows up, despite all the very detailed tips people give here--things never work out that easily for me! What finally worked for me was to was link each of my shows to their own separate page on the site. On each show's page, I "simply" inserted the necessary 'java script' code (which I found on the photodex website page where my show resides). I did have to change the size parameters to get the shows to fit within the borders of my website. I ended up shrinking the show by about one-fourth the size (to width=480, height=360). Let me know if any of this makes sense to you--if not, I'll be happy to try to explain it in more detail. I know there are all kinds of different ways to present shows on a website, you just have to play around to see what works with your own setup. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to show a flash version of my shows too, for people with Macs or who have trouble with the presenter plug-in, etc. If you have any tips on this, please share. The only problem with showing them the way I have done is that with my current hosting package, I have already used up my page limit (10), but there are still pages I would like to add. I can upgrade of course, but haven't looked into the cost of that yet. I

I hope this helps, and Good Luck!

Heidi

Return to Personal Web Sites