18 Hours in Paris

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

18 Hours in Paris

Postby mariloucarino » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:56 pm

Last November 2016 I had a chance to go back to Paris for a few but well spent hours. My daughter had a layover and she tagged me along.
I made a video of that short visit.

I have always wondered how the play of lights, music transition, layering, etc. were done so I tried them out, and this is how it turned out

Not yet perfect but I'm learning. Hope you enjoy watching as much as I did doing this.

The video runs for 5 mins and 4 seconds, and contains nothing that might be considered objectionable.

Please critique, would very much appreciate comments and suggestions.

marilou carino

"There is never enough time doing everything, but there is always enough time to do the most important thing. --- Brian Tracy"
Last edited by mariloucarino on Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: 18 Hours in Paris

Postby weldr » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:21 pm

Very very nice!
Canon EOS 50D,PSE7,Latest Producer, new computer...don't know specs off hand but runs Producer with no problems.

Postby mariloucarino » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:59 am

Thank you Weldr!

Esteemed Member

Postby JBD » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:15 am

Good Job!!!!!

Postby mariloucarino » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:17 pm

Thank you JBD! :)

Postby Riekelt » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:20 am

wauw, very nice Paris video.
But you also made more than enough Paris material to make this video
Very nice combination of the short video clip and foto's and in a very nice tempo
Due to the speed no problem to see there is more than one time. :D
can't wait to see your 18 hour Amsterdam :idea:
Riekelt Koffeman

WIN10 PSP 9.0
MAC OSX Photoshop / Lightroom
Foto CANON 80D

Postby mariloucarino » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:43 am

Thank you Riekelt! :) Amsterdam? a great idea for the next project!

Watched a few how tos on creating videos on youtube. There are a number of good ones. Learned some tricks/hacks. Found a lot of mistakes too on my video and made some adjustments;
- changed sequence of slides for a more natural flow
- took careful note of movements and matched transitions (zoom in or out) in previous and succeeding slides
- adjusted size and position of the object (the basilica) to match previous slide e.g. in 0:25-26
- aligned horizon in similar slides

Thought I'd share :)

Here's the updated version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv5jJeR4KZM

The updated version runs 4 mins. and 51 secs.

Again, do critique. Would very much appreciate your feedback.

Thank you!

Postby silverfox » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:04 pm

Great Job!
Makes us want to go back for a visit!

Postby trulytango » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:50 am

Hi

I watched both versions - the 2nd one is better - but there's still a bit too much movement for my eyes. The music is quite gentle and slow paced, yet you have such a lot of content. For this track, I would consider allowing some shots/content a little more screen time. This would mean reducing the number of slides overall.

If you are determined to keep the amount of content you have used, I think a punchier track might work better?

Your shots are lovely, and I'm a big fan of including short video clips. Keep up the good work!

Iris 8)
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby sierra whiskey » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:39 am

Hi

I rarely watch a show to the end that is very personal with lots of photos of family and friends. But I watched this right to the end, it kept me interested all the way through. You have combined images, videos and effects to produce a really nice show and one that I found very inspiring.

regards

Steve

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback