In Memory of the Manchester, England tragedy.

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Esteemed Member

In Memory of the Manchester, England tragedy.

Postby JBD » Sat May 27, 2017 6:48 am

God bless them!

https://vimeo.com/219208807

Nothing objectionable.

Length is 6:04

Re: In Memory of the Manchester, England tragedy.

Postby PhotoMill » Mon May 29, 2017 5:10 pm

Hello JBD,

Your heart is obviously in the right place on this. I noticed to date, that no one has entered a response to the show. I suspect that there might be a good reason.

As one who has done several "memorial" style shows in the past, my own contention is that "simple is best" when dealing with such matters. I may get knocked down for this but personally, I could only watch half of the show due to the multiple variations of transition etc. Spinning, splitting, or flipping of persons who have died, does not sit well with me. Simple fade in, fade out works the very best but that is only my opinion.

As stated at the onset, your heart is in the right place and thumbs up to you for taking up the task. But...

Just my simple opinion...
...Steve
Tax me...
I'm Canadian, eh?

Canon 50D & 70D, Epson 4990 Scanner, Epson R1800 printer
Lumapix, Paint Shop Pro X6, ProShow Producer 9
Video Studio Pro X5

Postby Jaydub » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:12 pm

Shows like this have so much more to say than the mechanics of the show. The story or thought you are conveying is the target here. On a scale of 1 to 10 I give you a 20. The shows does just what is suppose to and treats people equal in the love but also in the pain. I for one thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Jaydub

Esteemed Member

Postby JBD » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:30 am

Thanks for your comments.

Steve - Part of the reason for me doing this is artistic expression - whether or not I am good or bad doesn't make a difference. I am 77 years old and the way human beings are acting nowadays makes me angry and frustrated and this is the only way I can respond.

Postby ginger » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:55 pm

John,

This is a really nice tribute to the victims of that horrible tragedy. I think the reason that few people have responded is not knowing exactly what to say. I know my own reaction to the event has been a combination of intense sadness and anger. Good for you for putting your feelings to good use and creating this beautiful, heartfelt show and sharing it.

ginger

Esteemed Member

Postby JBD » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:15 am

Thanks Ginger and Jaydub. Appreciate it.

Postby trulytango » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:09 am

Thank you for your tribute.
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

Esteemed Member

Postby JBD » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:51 am

You are welcome trulytango.

Postby Bevie » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:19 am

JBD It is beautiful! It is my feeling that you made this show as a way to grieve and also to honor those who died? I've done the same thing in the past. My technique may not have been as creative as it could have been but it surely helped me find a release from what I was feeling. The world is a scary place sometimes. We have a little grandson now and I try to stay positive but it's difficult when every hour the news reminds us of what others are capable of. Thanks for sharing your video.
ProShow User since 2013 - ProShow Producer 6 - Novice

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/TheGalleryPage

Mac 10.6.8
Proshow Producer 6 - Parallels 8 - Windows 7
Photoshop CS4

Esteemed Member

Postby JBD » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:41 am

Thank you Bevie. You are right. It might sound selfish but I did it not only to honor the victims but also for me.

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback