"This is the Truth" Suggestions?

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
images-that-move

Postby images-that-move » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:34 am

Thanks Debbie appreicate all the good info....

The only reason I haven't played with masking natively in Producer is "laziness" / "learning curve"... usually I'm in a rush so I go with what I know (you know people standing at the door wanting to know when a project is going to be done).... Like most things that are new -- one can lose a bit of productivity while learning so sometimes it "seems" to be easier just to keep doing it the old way....

Thanks for those links that will inspire me to fiddle around in the next day or so....

(Don't you love this forum.... so much great info, encouragement and help)...

Take care!!!

images-that-move

Second Edition Now Posted...

Postby images-that-move » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:15 pm

Took some of the suggestions and made another attempt at the ending...

Any better?

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 6805&alb=0

Thanks again for all the great feedback....

Take care,

Postby debngar » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:08 am

I was able to watch your edited version once and wanted to go back and watch again but have not been able to get it to load since. My PC is working very slow on the internet today. UGH.

From what I saw, I think it looked pretty good. Not sure if I would prefer it a tiny bit more subtle though so I just wanted to view the last part again a few more times but just haven't been able to do that. I think you are on the right track to emphasize the one cross at the end but I'm wondering about the white background because it's not the same as the rest of the show and now sticks out too much? If I could see it a few more times to try and make up my mind... but just can't get it to load.

I tried to save the tmp file but couldn't seem to find it. Something has changed where I can't get to it since yesterday. Too wierd.

Debbie

images-that-move

Postby images-that-move » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:02 pm

Thank Debbie for watching again.....

I purposefully went with the brighter cross since we are ending on a "high" note / hopeful note... The other crosses as some suggested seemed to be a bit dreary.... I had to take a break from watching it some many times I'm not seeing details....

Hope things work out with your internet / computer...... sometimes my DSL and ISDN line go very very slow... but the supplier keeps telling me every thing is fine from their end...

Take care and thank you again for all the wonderful feedback...

vciro

Postby vciro » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:01 pm

Excellent job. I agree that the last shot should "pop" a bit more but the overall show is great and the message is right on the mark. Very well done and enjoyable to watch.

Stay tuned. Coincidentally, I will be posting another "Flying Puzzle Pieces" show tonight and my subject is very :wink: similar.

Postby cherub » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:56 pm

debngar wrote:I think you are on the right track to emphasize the one cross at the end but I'm wondering about the white background because it's not the same as the rest of the show and now sticks out too much?
Debbie

I completely agree with Debbie. Though the general effect is better, the white is kind of out of place.

Postby dcbyrne » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:36 am

Hello Bob,
I think the reading of the words could be better timed and flow smoother. There were times when the narrator had to pause while the text was scrolling in both directions (waiting to be highlighted). To me that was distracting. I did like the way the content of the message took on a whole new meaning when read in reverse.

Regards,
Douglas

images-that-move

Postby images-that-move » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:13 am

Cherub,

Thanks for looking again... I have muted the white background a bit ... may try one other cross effect that I have....(need to create an alpha channel to pull it off)....

Douglas,

Thanks for the comment... the latest posted version of the show I notice was a bit off (as most know change one thing and timing gets skew quickly especially with keyframes). The voice-over was the most difficult to sync to the words since the words run at a constant rate of speed (and having to be up long enough for the longest sentence -- thus it may be to long for the shorter sentences). I just counted the versions and (ain't this crazy) I have 17 other versions all trying different variations of voice-over (and even one that is silent). What I found was when pacing the voice-over (removing pauses) the reading sounds stilted, dull and drawn out, the compromise was having end of line pauses. This was the area that took a tremendous amount of time recording and re-recording then mixing. This has been a much harder project than I first anticipated....

Thanks again to all that have commented... I"ve learned a lot and the comments have been helpful!!!!

Take care,

Postby Camlork » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:16 am

Hi Bob - Great show - works fine for me as it is.

Blessings

Ted

Previous

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback