Masking in the Son Light

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

Postby debngar » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:16 am

I've used the copy/paste function too but sometimes I just forget..... and then it gets eaten. Not every time but just sometimes. LOL

Debbie

dnmilikan

Postby dnmilikan » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:19 pm

Truly wonderful. You have succeeded in transmitting emotion through your imagery and your presentation...

Postby BarbaraC » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:44 pm

Thank you, Dnmilikan! (Do you have a real name? :D )

Several have asked what I might do next, and I've decided that whatever it is, it's going to be silly or light-hearted. I could use a dancing banana just about now.

Barbara

dnmilikan

Postby dnmilikan » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:19 pm

Hi Barbara, My name is Don. Thanks for asking and thanks again for a great show.

Producer Addict

Postby Producer Addict » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:15 pm

WOW!!! That was so Kewl!

dreamland

Awesome!

Postby dreamland » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:12 pm

Barbara,

I watched your show a couple of times, showed it to Steve as well.
I must tell you it is the best show that I have seen on this forum.
Everything just perfectly sets the mood, very creative artsy presentation.
Be proud :)
And ofcourse Ben is a very handsome young man, you should take shots of him often, he has great character.
Gabriella :wink:

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:48 pm

When I was a kid and my mother would tell everyone how wonderful her little girl was, I'd hide behind her in embarrassment. That's how I feel right now--like I ought to slide under my desk and wait until everyone stops looking at me. :oops:

Nevertheless, it still pleases me that everyone likes it so much, but couldn't someone say, "You know, you could have improved this slide by..."?
Last edited by BarbaraC on Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dreamland

Postby dreamland » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:07 pm

When I was a kid and my mother would tell everyone how wonderful her little girl was, I'd hide behind her in embarrassment. That's how I feel right now--like I ought to slide under my desk and wait until everyone stops looking at me.

Nevertheless, it still pleases me that everyone likes it so much, but couldn't someone to say, "You know, you could have improved this slide by..."?

No, no, no!
You must be proud, you have created high quality entertainment, and deserve the glory for it.

This show is just so unique, it is like a stage play, there is nothing to pick on.
Gabriella :)

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:26 pm

Oh, pooh. I'm still embarrassed. :(
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby debngar » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:13 pm

Barbara,

but couldn't someone say, "You know, you could have improved this slide by..."?

Your show honestly doesn't need any improvement in this case. I can't think of a single thing that should necessarily be changed. Part of this show is your style and some things aren't that important. You grasped the masking concept and FLEW with it!!! :D

Some shows need more work than others. Some just come out fine the first time or so.

After watching it for the umpteenth time, it brings to mind, a LONG time ago, a certain Producer user (I'm not sure who, but MIGHT be able to find it) did a really cool "Whoosh" effect where you saw someones red lips and a whoosh of air that colored a rose from b&w to red when it hit the flower. It was very neat.

This would be the only thing I can think of that would put your show over the top to add anything to it.

I wish I could find it. If I run across that short demo show of that user, I'll let you know.

Debbie

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:41 pm

Thank you, Debbie! You made me realize one thing that would have been better, and it would have been the flame leaning away as it was blown out.

I did manage to change something after everyone already watched the show, and it was at the end where there's a frame with the hole that shows an eye and then a mouth. I felt the extremely bright screen didn't fit well with the darkness of the rest of the show, and so I applied a gradient all the way around the circular opening, making the bright area a lot smaller and making it appear a bit more like an eclipse of the sun, which is what I was actually going for to begin with.

There are a few very small spots where I felt the masks didn't move quite right, but I've left them as is. A person can fiddle just so much before saying, "The hell with it."

Not gonna tell anyone what else I didn't like. :twisted:
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby debngar » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:16 pm

Barbara,

I searched and searched and couldn't find the show I was referring to.

Then..... I emailed someone I thought might remember since they had been around longer than I had in that particular group.

Turns out it was that member's show. Ha! At least I was half right. I just didn't dig deep enough into his show album.

Here is the short demo. It comes from Dave (Fitz9016) BTW - who, as you know, also authored the Visi-SKetch program.

Something similar to this might be a nice touch to the end of your show as your son blows out the flame.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 5425&alb=0

Debbie

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:23 pm

Now that's one very cool effect, and it's sort of related to my idea of having the flame lean away as it's blown out. There's that sense of one thing acting on another. In the meantime, I'm now going to puzzle over how Dave managed that rather spectacular business.

How on earth do you remember these things, Debbie? I can't even remember what day it is.

Barbara

Postby debngar » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:33 pm

These days it seems I eat, drink and sleep slideshows and photography in my brain.

I've been a member of the other group for a very long time and bookmark member's albums and shows that I want to go back and study. For the year I had Gold, I could not do any layering (pre 3.0). Then Producer 3.0 came out and I upgraded to that and just like to try some of the other stuff I didn't used to be able to do.

I had totally forgotten about that show until my last post to you about the whoosh.

Debbie

Re: Masking in the Son Light

Postby debngar » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:49 am

For those newbies who are just discovering the joy (or frustration perhaps) of the masking feature in Producer, this show is a treasure to behold as a study of masking and lighting. It deserves to be "brought to light" again. :D
Last edited by debngar on Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

PreviousNext

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback