Switch to full style
Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
Post a reply

How to rename a DVD?

Sat May 30, 2009 6:33 am

I am burning a set of shows to a DVD, and I do not see an option to rename the disc from PROSHOW_DVD to another name. Is it possible to rename the disc when burning?

Re: How to rename a DVD?

Sat May 30, 2009 6:37 am

Go to "Create DVD" then select the tab that says "Burning". Third box down is DVD Disc Label. Rename your disc there.

Hope that helps,
Frankie

Sat May 30, 2009 6:41 am

I see no box in the "Burning" menu that has that option. I'm using the latest version of PSG - am I missing something?

Sat May 30, 2009 6:57 am

Oh, sorry. I'm using Producer. :cry: The Gold experts will have to jump in to help you.

Sat May 30, 2009 7:09 am

Frankie, that's okay, thanks for your help.

I just spoke with Customer Service, and that option is indeed only available in PSP. Seems ridiculous that such a basic option would be unavailable in PSG. Anyone have an idea as to how I can rename the disc when copied?

Sat May 30, 2009 7:26 am

It looks like the easiest way (and the way I normally burn anyway) is to create an ISO image instead of the direct burn from Proshow. Once you have the ISO file, burn with imgburn (free !! - and it works MUCH better than Photodex's burning utility). One of the options in Imgburn under the tools menu is the option to rename volume label. Looks like you can change it there to whatever you want within the standards.
http://www.imgburn.com

Note that there are a number of ISO utilities out there, some free some for $ that allow you to do a number of things to ISO images (including adding additional files for example like a notes folder, or other files you want to make available to the users). Photodex is simply trying to make it look like you need to spend the extra $$ to get a simple feature. Things like keyframing etc is worth the extra cost, but changing the volume label ?? sigh. :evil:

mikey

Sat May 30, 2009 8:27 am

Thanks, mikey, I have the software and I'll give it a try.

Although he was nice about it, the CS rep said that PSG is "intended for casual users who only make shows for their family and friends." That seems a bit short-sighted to me - many people play DVDs on their computers, and to see the disc name as only "PROSHOW_DVD" on their file screen really doesn't help anyone.

I made the suggestion to add it to the next version - who, knows, maybe they'll listen.
Post a reply