Uploading to YouTube

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
Esteemed Member

Uploading to YouTube

Postby Barnum » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:23 am

I had uploaded a slide show to YouTube but later too it down. Now I want to upload again but all I have is the executable (sp?) version and apparently that cannot be uploaded. The photos are no longer on ProShow. Any suggestions on how to do this?

Hope I am making myself clear. Thanks.

Esteemed Member

Re: Uploading to YouTube

Postby Barnum » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:10 am

Okay let me ask this... I tried to send this show via email but I got the message that there was not memory. What else an I do to be able to send it as an attachment?

Re: Uploading to YouTube

Postby cherub » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:26 am

Barnum,

Let me start from the end:
You can't send an exe file through email because executable files are considered a security risk (viruses and the like).
Moreover, an executable may be way too big for any email service.
Try some service that allows you to send larger files, but an exe might be considered problematic there too.

Now, to the YouTube part:
You can't upload to YouTube anything that is not a video file. An executable file is not.
If you don't have the initial show anymore, with all the pictures and everything there was in it, there isn't much you can do.
The only thing that you might try, perhaps, is to record your show as it plays, by using a 3rd party program that records your screen.

Sorry to disappoint you.

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting