Big problem whit PSG 6

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Big problem whit PSG 6

Postby Matthew77 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:37 pm

Hello,
my father has recently purchased PSG6 to make a video slideshow of his holidays.
But there is a big problem!! When he transfer the photos from the folder to the storyboard they loss all sharpness, appearing blurred...
And also in the preview screen if he starts to play th slideshow big squares of all colors appears...
In this way the program is unserviceble.. and he's quite angry about that..

Anyone can help us to solve this problem?

Installed of Windows XP
Amd Athlon X II 640 with Radeon HD graphic card

I post a picture f what happens...

Re: Big problem whit PSG 6

Postby im42n8 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:07 pm

Wow ... I dunno what happened exactly but, it's highly probable that something happened during installation. It's not how ProShow works normally (that's for sure). Try re-installing over the original installation. When you do that, ensure that the anti-virus program is OFF!

I don't know for sure if your radeon card supports Hardware acceleration but, since the computer is an XP OS my guess is that the video card is also slow (and hardware acceleration may not be available). If that's the case you will want to change the software fallback resolution from 800x600 to something higher. You can tell if you enter Preferences. Edit | Preferences and then click on Playback. If GPU accel is ON, then it most probably is some sort of program file corruption and the reinstall may be what you do want to do ... for sure.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:21 pm

That is certainly very odd. I have a Radeon (HD6850) and have not seen anything like that. One thing in addition to what Dale said - make sure you have the latest drivers for the card in your system. Video cards can be very problematic (for lots of video editors, not just Proshow) and making sure you have the latest drivers from the manufacturer is a good place to start.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby Matthew77 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:59 pm

Many thanks, for the answers!
I'm going to try to do all you said; I hope to be succesfull; in any case I will write if something better happens or not.

My video card is an Ati Radeon HD5770. I've made a little upgrade of my pc last year.

I use XP only if I like this OS instead of W7 but on pc I could install with no problems W7.

See you soon!

Postby Matthew77 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:55 am

im42n8 wrote:Wow ... I dunno what happened exactly but, it's highly probable that something happened during installation. It's not how ProShow works normally (that's for sure). Try re-installing over the original installation. When you do that, ensure that the anti-virus program is OFF!

I don't know for sure if your radeon card supports Hardware acceleration but, since the computer is an XP OS my guess is that the video card is also slow (and hardware acceleration may not be available). If that's the case you will want to change the software fallback resolution from 800x600 to something higher. You can tell if you enter Preferences. Edit | Preferences and then click on Playback. If GPU accel is ON, then it most probably is some sort of program file corruption and the reinstall may be what you do want to do ... for sure.

Dale

Seem it works!!! :D :D

Reinstalling nothing was changed, but when I went to Preferences I've deactivated GPU acceleration and set fallback resolution to 1920x1080 (res of my screen) and everything has gone working well!!

Many thanks!!

Matthew

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting