Normally used font seems to be not available

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Normally used font seems to be not available

Postby mrsmac » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:00 pm

I was working on a AV of results for the local camera club, when suddenly my usually used font Trebuchet MS was replaced with something that looked like a backwards leaning font (not italic, but sort of looked like a backwards italic). I checked, and nothing was different in my settings for font, but at the moment I am not able to use/find/fix the problelm.

Any suggestions please?

Re: Normally used font seems to be not available

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:44 pm

The obvious thing that comes to mind is to make sure that font is still on your system. Other than that, I can't think of why a font you regularly use would suddenly vanish. Does seem very odd.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby Astra » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:30 am

Mikey,
even it looks very improbable and illogical, too - I had similar problem some time ago:
... when (just slightly updating/modifying one of my older Producer Slideshows): one of my non-standard/MS default Text-Fonts mysteriously was not in the show there anymore ....

So - - - - after couple frustrating attempts of changing/substituting "the nice OLD-well-working" font for a "NEW /almost same/looking-one /but out-of-place" font -
--- when my slideshow still looked rather crummy & not so good as before - - I just checked ONE IDEA:
WHAT IT: the name of "old" font was is still in proper MS/font/directory !!!! And: IT WAS NOT !!! .....

So I've searched & 've found the "original" one (font) & downloaded it - AND - to my surprise - ALL WAS then OK !!!

My conclusion: Our life and our computer/computers work in mysterious ways and we should be always ready for un-expected tests of our intelligence !!!!

... Hope - this will help - let me know, if this advice has helped - or - if you will have better solution to this matter .
.................... Alex/Astra .....

Postby gpsmikey » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:28 pm

Gotta agree with that - like my dogs, my computer does what it wants - sometimes without bothering to let me know about it either !! :D

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby Barbara_K » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:28 am

I'm not sure about Gold but Producer has a "Character Rotate" option which could make a font look like a backwards italic. Could this setting have been accidentally changed? If the font was changed the name of the new font should be shown on the caption screen.

Barbara

Postby Astra » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:46 am

Mikey,
I like your response - about your dog & your computer...

- and, if I can add: some additional "non-human / pet" behaviour observation:
Your words reminded me of our cat - who was presenting us with his very with strong opinion on many subjects ...
... and many times,too - it was opposite 180 degrees - from our own ideas ...

... and if I can add: we've learned lots from this cat - (however: still learning from computers) ..... it was one very smart cat - and lived long live, too ... almost 15 years ...

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting