Unable to create menu with blu-ray iso

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
Valued Member

Re: Unable to create menu with blu-ray iso

Postby Luke_Miller » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:16 pm

I've probably done 20+ Dvd and 4 Blu-Ray productions with menus. I always generate an ISO file rather than burning directly to disk. Neither of the players I have (Windows Media Player or Nero 8 Showtime) will play the menus properly even though the menus are fine if I burn the ISO file to disk. I think the problem reported in this thread is a player issue and not a Proshow problem.

Site Admin

Postby MG - Admin » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:39 pm

Sorry to take so long to get back with my testing. I purchased a new Sony Blu-Ray player back in December and just now tried to play one of my standard DVD/Blu-Ray burns for the first time. It seems that this player model (BDP-S570) doesn't recognize the format and won't play the discs. Hmmmm....

I'm going to try a few more things to see if I can get them to play. I suppose it's possible that this current model's firmware just doesn't handle these, but I would think a new model would not go backwards, but forwards.

Stay tuned.

Mike

Postby errolpoole » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:49 pm

I have a Panasonic BD655 player and wasn't able to read the faux Blu Ray until last week when I ran across Dale's (ezwriter) posting from May 30,2009. The process involved using tsMuxerGUI and ImgBurn to create and burn, plus the deletion of a couple of files as listed in the process posting that I have attached here. Works perfectly, with the exception of not being able to recognize Menus. It just starts playing the show.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11711&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15
Regards, ELP

Postby carlb60 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:51 am

Same problem here. However I notice that after I play my Blu Ray show, the menu that should be at the beginning pops up and if I click it, the show starts over. My solution - get rid of the extra copies of the pix and use dvd.

Previous

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting