Unable to Check for upgrades

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Unable to Check for upgrades

Postby ouzlewell » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:23 am

Hi,

I am currently using Proshow producer Version 7.0.3514. Every time that I select 'Check for upgrades' I encounter a problem. I can see a message indicating that it's trying to connect to 'psuploads.photodex.com' but this never goes above 0%. The following message is then displayed:

Problem Encountered
Proshow Producer was unable to communicate properly with the server.
Please check your Internet connection. This can be caused by problems with your connection, a firewall, anti-virus software, or a temporary server outage.

I am using Norton Internet Security. I have temporary disabled the firewall and anti-virus software but get the same message. My Internet Connection is fine and the error message is consistently displayed. I have tried this numerous times over the past month with the same results.

Has anybody else experienced the same issue and if so could you please provide the resolution.

Thank you

Re: Unable to Check for upgrades

Postby cherub » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:03 am

Sorry, I don't have a solution for you.
Just wanted to tell you that at the very top of this site, you'll always see the number of the latest release.
If you have a lower version, you can always go to the Photodex site and download the latest. :D

Postby ouzlewell » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:21 am

Thanks for the reply Mona.

I will update to the latest version to see if the problem persists.

Postby gpsmikey » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:55 am

If the latest version does not solve the problem, I would be suspicious of Norton. I have had more issues in the past with that (and know others with similar issues). After my last run around with their excuse for "support", I removed Norton from my system and went to a different antivirus. It is unfortunate, but that was the root of the problems I was running into (even after "completely" removing it, I was still having problems being able to share files in my local network. After much searching and digging really deep, I found a Microsoft KB article saying that if Norton had ever been on the system, even if it was removed, it changed a stack size for something and you had to go in and reset it to the defaults for a normal windows install. Sure enough, that was it. Just my personal experience (I used to have Norton Utilities and other cool things they made until they sold out to Symantec many years ago).

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby ouzlewell » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:10 am

Thanks for the reply Mikey.

I've now updated to the latest version of producer and replaced Norton with McAfee but still have the same issue. I tried to use the 'report a problem' link from the help menu but that also failed to go, indicating connection type problems.

I've now reported the problem to Support via their web form.

Thank You for taking the time to reply.

Steve

Postby gpsmikey » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:12 am

Hmmm - very odd - we have lots of users over there across the pond on your side. Let us know what you find out so when the next person asks, I have a clue what to tell them :D

mikey
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)

Postby ouzlewell » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:39 am

I've just had a reply from Support:

The issue you are experiencing appears to be a known issue and has been logged. Our development team is currently working on a resolution, though we do not have an exact time frame on when the issue will be resolved.

If I receive any further information I will let you know Mikey.

Postby gpsmikey » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:52 pm

OK, hopefully sooner than later they will have that solved. Glad it was at least something they recognized - I didn't remember hearing of that issue before.
Did you ask if they had any kind of work-around?

mikey

Postby ouzlewell » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:02 pm

Mona kindly provided the work around. I just need to check the version of the latest release (from above) and manually download the upgrade from the Photodex site, if different.

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:15 pm

Sounds good. Glad you got it working!

mikey

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting