Help! ISO won't render.

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Help! ISO won't render.

Postby jojo » Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:20 pm

Hi,
I used PSP for quite a few years. Today I tried to render a 11 minute show with five 14sec videos included in the show. The first time it worked but now I try to render a new ISO, PSP crashes after rendering 8 minutes of the show. I am a lost for solutions. I did delete the PXC but that did not help. I also tried to render the directly within PSP and still PSP crashed. The AVI file created will not also work. Your suggestions are very welcomed and very needed. My GPU Benchmark is 303.

John

Re: Help! ISO won't render.

Postby Bevie » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:16 am

John, I would suggest calling Proshow's help line. Sometimes it's nothing that you have done or can do but sometimes it's something that they have to fix. But what ever it is Proshow will get your problem solved :D
ProShow User since 2013 - ProShow Producer 6 - Novice

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/TheGalleryPage

Mac 10.6.8
Proshow Producer 6 - Parallels 8 - Windows 7
Photoshop CS4

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:44 pm

I would also suggest calling Photodex tomorrow. In the mean time, my first guess since you have already tried deleting the pxc file (that can get corrupted), start with a process of elimination to see if you can find what is going on. First create a new show with just a few slides in it (different from the ones in the problem show). If that renders, then try adding the video clips one at a time and see if that works. Keep going until you find what is causing the issue - my best guess is that somehow one of your files (probably a video file) is somehow corrupted, but I don't know of a simple way to find it short of experimenting with them one at a time until you find the one that causes the problem. That information will also help Photodex to troubleshoot the problem too.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby jojo » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:58 am

Sadly I called Photodex yesterday. After 20 minutes of looking for errors, the sharp Photodex Tech had to go Windows safe mode to actually render an ISO file. That worked but once the tech hanged up happy that we had an ISO file I realized the Menu was not set. I tried to render another ISO with a menu using the same technique the tech used. But I was again unable to render an ISO file. I recall and spoke to a totally different Tech. Somehow this tech was not very knowledgeable. The tech seemed indifferent and suggested to make the show without a menu. The tech stated could not help me and said it could be a font I used. The tech told me to call during the week to speak with a quality control tech. Not very impressed with PSP7.

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:14 am

Sorry to hear of your experience - I would call them today (monday (during the week)) and see if they can find the problem. They are usually pretty good (and if you aren't happy with a live support, you can always try Adobe or Sony to get a different perspective :evil: - been down that road before - not worth my time!!)

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting