Garbled sound when importing mpg 2 files

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Garbled sound when importing mpg 2 files

Postby bob walden » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:43 am

I'm using PSP 6 and importing mpg2 files into a show. Sounds works fine in preview but when I render to a disc the picture is fine but the sound is garbled and unintelligible. I am using fill frame instead of fit frame so as to get widescreen on old sd format. Could that be the problem?

Re: Garbled sound when importing mpg 2 files

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:50 pm

I would not expect that to be an issue, however, I don't know just what you are up against either. I would give Photodex a call tomorrow - the fact that it plays fine in preview but is garbled when rendered is very odd. Does this happen with all the video you are working with? Are all the video clips you are using from the same source?

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby bob walden » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:01 pm

I have an email into Photodex. Waiting for an answer. I tried using Handbreak to change from mpg2 to mpg4 but it didn't make any difference. Video clips are from same source, a Sony DCR SR68 which is sd not hd. I have tried several clips and it's the same. Only thing I've done is change from fit to frame to fill frame. Think I'll throw in a couple slides and sound track and see if it's any different.

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:08 pm

Are you saying when you are using "fit to frame" it works OK, but is a problem with "fill frame" with the same clip?

mikey
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)

Postby bob walden » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:25 am

Nope. I haven't tried it with fit to frame yet. Just wondered if that could make a difference.

Postby gpsmikey » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:02 am

OK - can't see why that would make a difference, but just making sure I understood what you were saying. PM me if you want me to take a look at one of the clips and see how it handles on my system (I have producer 7).

Just checking but when you say "render to disk" I assume you are talking a standard DVD? What happens if you render to an mp4 for example? (that is what I often do these days - render to mp4 720p and put it on a flash drive. Most of the newer TV's can handle a thumb drive plugged into them (they have a USB port on the back) and play it direct from the flash drive).

mikey

Postby bob walden » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:53 am

I can't see what a difference it would make either except a bit of a crop, correct? I changed a mpg2 clip to mpg4 in handbreak and tried that. Same with the garble but the image seemed to me to look a bit better. Yes I am rendering to a standard dvd. I got up early and am now going where I should have gone in the first place and am working in MS12 Platinum. I did do a test in PSP using other clips with the ones I'm working on and included slides and soundtrack and all worked fine except the old clips. Still garbled sound. Ran a quick test in MS12 and all seems fine except I had to test with one of my good tayiko(sp) discs. Did not want to burn to my Verbatim rw's that I usually test with.

Postby gpsmikey » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:43 pm

Hmmm - very strange. The only thing I am familiar with that really screws up the sound is if the volume is too high and you get clipping in the digital domain. Visualize a loose connection while crumpling newspaper :shock: Let us know if Photodex has any ideas.

mikey

Postby bob walden » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:33 pm

Well, I'm doing it in MS12. That's where video belongs anyway. I did run a test in PSP using some of those clips and some regular and the regular ran fine sound and all but the old clips, still no sound. Haven't had a chance to check for email from Photodex yet.

Postby bob walden » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:34 pm

PS I think we are both due for a new avatar!

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting