Rendering video problem.

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Rendering video problem.

Postby jeremyst » Thu May 12, 2016 2:41 am

Good day guys! I want to share my problem with PSP 7.03514. I've just finished my 4min slideshow but it's having problem rendering the file. I chose youtube and save to desktop computer, then the render would start for only at 1% (sometimes 0%), and that's it the rendering is paused/stopped without any error msg, i actually waited for it, took a bath and get back to it but still the same. What could be the problem? I've un-installed the shark007 codec pack and replace it with k-lite mega, and then later replaced it with k-lite full. Tried restart my laptop with each install to no avail.
My laptop is an HP 2000. Amd A6 5200 quadcore cpu. 2gb ddr3 ram. 500mb gb hdd.
I've also tried various output format but with the same result. Avi output did the job but the quality of the output is not the same as previewing the slideshow. I did an output of exe and the images and fonts are crisp and sharp, look like a high quality to me, but the avi output is not that great ( i made sure higher quality is selected).

Thank u in advance for the reply.

Valued Member

Re: Rendering video problem.

Postby DonM » Sat May 14, 2016 6:01 pm

My best guess that 2 gigs memory is not enough. You didn't say what operating system you are using and if its 32 or 64 bits.
My win 10 system has 12 gigs and is using 3.5 gigs when doing nothing. Open Task Manager select Performance and Memory. It should show how much is being consumed by various running programs. Select Details and sort on memory so it shows those programs using the most. In my case the email program uses the most. You can consider halting some of the programs. If you have a 64 bit operating system there is a patch for the ProShow exe that allows it to use more memory if available.

Hope this is of some help Don

Postby jeremyst » Sun May 15, 2016 2:31 am

Thank u DonM. I forgot about the OS. I'am using Windows 8 32bit. I haven't checked the system requirement for PSP7. I hope they have a patched for pcs with low ram.

Valued Member

Postby DonM » Mon May 16, 2016 1:46 pm

The patch that many have used can be found at http://ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php however it only functions on X64 machines not X32. You may want to glance at the dialog on that page since it explains the allocation of ram to the operating system and how much is available to other programs (not enough).

Don

Postby jeremyst » Thu May 19, 2016 3:42 pm

Thank u so much DonM :)

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting