Proshow has stopped working.....

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Proshow has stopped working.....

Postby gillmarnay » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:49 am

Hi all - Had PSPV6 installed. On starting new show (and opening an existing part created show) kept getting the message.... "Proshow has stopped working" and then would close. I uninstalled and reinstalled. This did not help. I had a free upgrade to V7 - which I upgraded to. Still getting same message. I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. Still same issue. Anyone have any suggestions on how I can resolve? Thanks in advance.

Re: Proshow has stopped working.....

Postby im42n8 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:57 am

No idea ... so, it's just a guess ... did you install WITH an anti-virus/malware program ON or was it OFF? Make sure it's OFF.
Did you install to the SAME location as previously installed to or did you perform a RENAME? You "might" try NOT using the default installation location (change it slightly).

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby gillmarnay » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:09 pm

Hi - thanks for replying. I installed with antivirus 'on' and I installed to same location. Will repeat with 'off' and to another location and see if that helps. Will come back shortly. Thanks for the suggestion.....

Postby im42n8 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:13 pm

Good Luck!
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:15 pm

Try creating a new blank show and adding stuff to it. Do you still have a problem or does that work OK? There may be something about the show file you are trying to open that is crashing it.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting