Outline function not working

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Outline function not working

Postby Diane48 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:15 pm

Just wondering if someone else has had this problem and if someone can offer a fix.
I am using Producer 9.
I am trying to use the outline feature but it wont apply to the image. I used it yesterday without a problem. Today when I try to apply an outline nothing happens.
I went back through my show and found that images that had an outline applied the outline was no longer visible in the Slide Options window. When I play the show the outline flashes on and off. (mostly off)

I have deleted the proshow cfg and phd files but still no outline feature.

Hoping someone can offer a solution.
With thanks in advance,

Cheers, Diane

Editted: I have since reinstalled Producer 9 and still no outline feature. I'm out of ideas.

Re: Outline function not working

Postby cherub » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:18 pm

I don't know what's causing this problem, Diane.
You might wish to send a problem report to Photodex. They are pretty good at solving issues this way.

But, just as an afterthought, perhaps you have something in that slide that hides the edges of your image: eg, mask, frame...

As a possible workaround, you could use the vignette feature instead of the outline.

Postby Diane48 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:54 pm

Thank you for answering Mona.
Not sure what is happening here. I actually re installed ProShow 8 after my last post and the outline feature not working there either!!

I have tried applying the outline to an image with no other effect applied to it with no luck. There are no masks or frames on the slide, just one layer. When I first saw the problem I had applied a white vignette but just wanted a touch of colour at the edge so was going to just apply an outline. . Guess I could do this with a vignette but a bit more difficult.

I will email Photodex in the morning. I will let you know the outcome.

Thanks again,

Cheers Diane.

Postby Diane48 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:56 pm

After notifying Photodex of my problem I received a reply email with instructions of how to turn off the GPU and use DirectDraw. I followed the instructions and yes the problem disappeared. This made me wonder if it was a graphics card issue. With a GPU reading of 222 I was a bit reluctant to not use the GPU. I contacted my faithful IT man and he said maybe it was a Driver issue with the graphics card. So I updated the driver card and presto the outline feature works using the GPU.
My Graphics card usually updates automatically but the night before the outline feature failed we had a power outage and I suspect it happened while the driver update was happening.

Glad that the feature has been fixed and I can now finish my show. :D

Cheers, Diane

Postby cherub » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:52 am

Thank you for letting us know, Diane.
Glad that your IT guy could troubleshoot you.

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting