Automatically transferring LR titles to ProShow captions

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Automatically transferring LR titles to ProShow captions

Postby papabear » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:25 pm

Hi:
I'm using ProShow Producer 9 and Lightroom Classic CC (latest version). I have entered Titles in LR for several RAW pictures, and have transferred them out to a folder of jpegs from which I can produce a ProShow Slideshow. What I can't seem to do is to get ProShow to use the Titles that are part of the data for each photograph (I checked, and they show up as "Titles") and input them into ProShow captions. This would save me a lot of work.

I have tried it just by exporting the LR photos using a custom preset I have developed, as well as using the Proshow Producer Plug-in. Ideally, I'd like to use the former, as the dimensions and names are the way I like them. If I have to use the Plug-in, is there any way to name each photograph within the plug-in with a consecutive number prefix--I did not seem to find one.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Automatically transferring LR titles to ProShow captions

Postby cherub » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:40 pm

Have a look at Captions Settings > Captions Format >
Click on T Macro.

You'll see a list of predefined macros, that can be inserted as a caption.
You can also choose EXIF Metada Macros, or IPTC Metada Macros.
Choose the one that best suits your purpose.

Then, in Caption Setup > Show caption
Place a check-mark on "Appears on every slide".

Hope this is what you have in mind.

Postby papabear » Tue May 01, 2018 7:49 am

Worked perfectly, once I figured out what ProShow called the Title field!

Thank you so much--you have saved me a lot of work!

Postby papabear » Tue May 01, 2018 11:07 am

I worked on this some more, and have one more question. Is there any way to edit the resulting caption within ProShow? Currently, if I try to edit the Caption, it shows me the macro formula. Is there any way to "freeze" the values of the macro so that it shows the results of the macro and not the formula?

Thanks

Postby cherub » Tue May 01, 2018 11:40 am

papabear wrote:Worked perfectly, once I figured out what ProShow called the Title field!

Is there any way to edit the resulting caption within ProShow? Currently, if I try to edit the Caption, it shows me the macro formula. Is there any way to "freeze" the values of the macro so that it shows the results of the macro and not the formula?
Thanks

I did not see where ProShow uses the term "Title Field". I see only the names of the macros.
You can edit the formula exactly as you would edit any caption. You can choose a different font, its size, and you can manipulate the location.
You cannot "freeze" the result of the macro, as this changes in every slide.

Postby papabear » Tue May 01, 2018 7:33 pm

That's too bad. I was hoping that there was some way to be able to edit the text of the results once ProShow acquires them.

Thanks for your help.

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting