unable to change a transition - PSP freeze

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

unable to change a transition - PSP freeze

Postby Liano » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:53 pm

I just finish a show with pictures and video, I did create a DVD, everything is working fine, I watched my DVD on TV in order to see it and correct mistake if so.
I realize that a transition was not appropriate, so, I open my show tried to change the transition, I can go on the transtion window chose the one I want, I click on "apply" but nothing happen and then I cannot do anything else. It's frozen.

I did "ctrl alt del" in order to stop the PSP, I start again my action but it always the same thing.

Thanks for your help.

Re: unable to change a transition - PSP freeze

Postby cherub » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:33 pm

Try to change the transition to a simple A/B and see if you are more successful.
If it works, then you can later change to the transition that you want.

In addition, you may try this:
The cache of the show sometimes gets corrupted and you should delete it and let the program rebuild it.
To delete the cache of a show, you must delete the file that has the name of your show and the extension pxc . This file is found in the folder where you saved your show, and it is the largest of all the files. So, close the program and delete this file in Windows Explorer (File Manager).
Reopen your show and wait until the show is fully loaded.

Postby Liano » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:23 pm

Thanks a lot, it works.

Have a great day

Postby Liano » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:41 pm

Hello Cherub,

Just a quick question, when I save my project, I had a file extension psdata, should I delete this file too.

Thanks

Postby cherub » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:13 pm

psdata is created when you make a DVD.
It has been awhile since I made a DVD, so I don't remember what's in there, but if I recall correctly, it contains the videos that are being created.
So, if you are planning on creating a new DVD with your new transition, you don't need the first psdata anymore.

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting