Layer Order ad Key Frames

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
vciro

Layer Order ad Key Frames

Postby vciro » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:30 pm

Is it possible to edit the order of layers on a slide as a function of Key Frames? For example, if Layer 1 is above Layer 2 at Key Frame #1, can you change the order (i.e. Layer 2 above Layer 1) at Key Frame 2, etc? :?

Thanks......

Postby gpsmikey » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:34 pm

I don't believe you can do that exactly, but you can achieve
something similar to that by using keyframes to fade out
a slide on layer 2 and fade the same one in on layer 3 for example
so that you now have the slide on the other layer. The old
"slight of hand" trick :D

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

vciro

Postby vciro » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:48 pm

Thanks, Mikey. (I wish the answer was different but at least now I know it isn't just me) :?
I had been struggling with my puzzles and finally gave up. I needed the pieces to be stacked on the ground in a certain order but then, when they flew up and rotated, I needed them to be in a different order.

You might have noticed that the "flying" pieces in my second exercise went BEHIND the already placed pieces. I would have preferred a more relistic approach of having them in FRONT of the placed pieces. Well.....it is what it is.

Thanks,

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:37 am

Vinny

Another possible way would be to do it with more than one slide. When you need to change layer order, copy everything to the next slide and change the order.

Would this work for you?

Brian

vciro

Postby vciro » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:42 am

Brian,
Thanks very much! Why the heck didn't I think of that? It's so simple. That solves my problem. :D

Thanks again,

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting