Page Peel Again

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Page Peel Again

Postby dcbyrne » Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:25 pm

Hello Everyone,
I could sure use some help with page peel. There has been a lot said about it but I think I have something different here. I need to open the page peel from top right to bottom left. I have a tutorial and a PNG peel in black and white. In PhotoShop I fliped the PNG so it would be top right to bottom left, reinserted it into my show, changed the transition to Wipe - upper right to lower left and it will not work. In motion effects I have as a starting position Pan: -50 x -50, Zoom 20, In Motion Pan: Linear Zoom: Linear, Ending position Pan: 50 x 50, zoom 170. These setting will not work and I have tried everthing in between (I think). I have sent PMs asking for help but nothing yet. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Regards,
Douglas

Postby gpsmikey » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:05 pm

Douglas, maybe if you made a quick show and put it on the site
showing what you are getting, someone could figure it out. One
thing I noticed -- according to my sticky note stuck above the
computer, "-,-" is upper left and "+,+" is lower right - you say
you are going from upper right to lower left -- or is my note
wrong ?? A quick show with just 3 or 4 slides should make it
easier for someone to see (including me) what is happening.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby Barbara_K » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:15 pm

Douglas,

You seem to have all the settings right. I'm not sure why it's not working. I've changed the peel from top right to bottom left without a problem. I'm using Gold but it should be the same in Producer. I'll try to list all the steps I took.

1. In Photoshop flip the PNG file horizontally.

2. Insert an image in Proshow. Set slide time to whatever you want. Use Cut transition 0 seconds.

3. Duplicate this slide. Add page peel PNG as top layer in this slide. Set starting motion for page peel layer to Pan: 50 x -50, Zoom 20. Set ending motion for page peel layer to Pan: -50 x 50, Zoom 170. Set Motion Style to Linear for Zoom & Pan. Set slide time to 0 with the Wipe -upper right to lower left transition 2 or 3 seconds.

If this doesn't work, let me know what problem you're having.

Barbara

Postby dcbyrne » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:31 pm

Thank you both for your time. Mikey, I will try Babrbara's numbers and see if they work. If not I will post a short show as you suggest. My numbers are a little different than Barbar's, My start was -50 and -50 and on the end it was 50 and 50. Thanks again. Be right back.

Douglas

Postby Barbara_K » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:41 pm

Douglas,

The panning numbers have to be changed when changing the direction of the page peel. I went through the frustration you're having until I figured that out a while back. Here's a quick demo with screenshots of my settings.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 7060&alb=0

Barbara

Postby dcbyrne » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:51 pm

Barbara, Mikey,
The change in the numbers just about did it. I would have never figured that out, ran into it by accident possibly. This is why I am so glad to have friends like Mikey and now the help from you Barbara. As you will see in the show I have posted about 3/4 of the way through the peel there is a trail of white. Barbara your show is just what I am looking for. I perhaps need to tweak the numbers a little.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 7059&alb=0

Thanks a bunch, both of you.
Douglas

Postby dcbyrne » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:58 pm

I have it. For some reason mine will not work at ending -50x50. I had to change the ending position from -50x50 to -50x30.
Very nice of you both to take the time to help..

Regards,
Douglas

Postby dcbyrne » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:08 pm

Hi Barbara,
I didn't notice at first that you are in Pensilvania. That's a long way from here (Washington State) so I owe you for helping me when you could be in bed sleeping. Your numbers did it.

Wishing you the best,
Douglas

Postby Barbara_K » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:13 pm

Douglas,

Glad it's working for you. I had that problem where the peel seemed to move faster than the transition when I forgot to set the motion style to Linear. Don't know what else would cause it but I'm glad changing the panning numbers worked out for you.

Barbara

Postby dcbyrne » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:35 pm

I hope there will be a time when I can return the favor. I forgot to check the motion style myself. Glad you mentioned it now I must take another look.

All the best,
Douglas

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting