Problem burning

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
Valued Member

Problem burning

Postby photoshowstudio » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:29 pm

I try yo burn my slideshows and it makes it through the rendering video phase, then goes into "Please wait Writing too the disc" and in the progrss bar it always remains at zero and says, "waiting for the drive". I've updated the drives through the program, but am really frustrated with this brick wall I keep hitting. Please help me.

Valued Member

Postby photoshowstudio » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:30 pm

then it went to the waiting for the writer to close the disk, but never actually did the burn and it hangs on "waiting for the writer to close the disk"

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby VernonRobinson » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:08 am

I would try something very simple. Go to the Control Panel/System and delete the CD/DVD Burner. Restart the PC. It will re-add the device. This has cleared a lot of burner problems.

-Vernon

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:29 pm

Don't write the DVD from within ProShow. Use the image file output (ISO file) and then use something else to burn that to the DVD. More info here:

http://www.proshowenthusiasts.com/viewtopic.php?t=5446

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Valued Member

Need More Help

Postby photoshowstudio » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:31 am

I tried all the solutions posted here, both deleting the drive and trying it as an ISO (the proper way, per the post I was referred to). It still just hangs on "Waiting for the disk to close". As an ISO, NERO wont burn it either and I did a diognostic of the drive and it still wont work, even though the diagnostic says everything is fine. Any suggestions...??? :?:

Valued Member

Postby sihyp » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:46 am

To me it sounds more like the root sector of the media is bad. Have you tried another brand?

Quim

Valued Member

Postby photoshowstudio » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:06 pm

I am so sorry, but I have no idea what you mean. Root sector??

Valued Member

Postby sihyp » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:03 pm

Sorry by confusing you with the expression "root sector".
I only meant the place where the pre-recorded information is stored on all DVd media such as:
the true write-speed, disc manufacturer and many other parameters.

The burning software must interpret all this sort of behind the scenes. Unfortunately, sometimes we get crap media, and DVD-ROMs and players are unabe to see the disc or freeze up.

Quim

Valued Member

Postby photoshowstudio » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:36 pm

I have been buring on the same media the whole time and this is the only time I have experienced this kind of problem. Nothing changed except the stars in the sky...

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby VernonRobinson » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:17 pm

What type of media are you using? When the Burner gets ready to burn it becomes necessary to calibrate the laser to the right power level. It is possible that you have gotten a bad media run. The simple test is to go to the Office Supply store and get some Verbatim DVDs or to order some Tayo Yudens off the Web. Those are two of the most reliable brands out there.

Postby Pauline Collins » Fri May 02, 2008 6:38 pm

I know this posting is old but.... I am running into the same problem today. I have burnt a disc successfully in ProShow and the last couple of times I am getting the message "Please wait, writing to disc" and it goes on forever.

Just wondering if you found a solution to your problem. I don't understand the ISO thingy even though I read through it - and I figure that if I burnt successfully once that there is no reason that I can't again.

Only thing that I have done in between (that might make a difference) I went into the Menu section in the Photodex file to see what kind of files they were, they were thm's which I hadn't heard of before, so I right clicked and Open with - Photoshop. They all turned to PS files, and I can't change the file name back to thm - Would this make any difference to not being about to Burn when using one of the inbuilt Menus?

Appreciate any help with thanks.
Pauline

Postby Pauline Collins » Fri May 02, 2008 7:48 pm

Really in a pickle now. Hope someone kind is awake and can make some suggestions. (nice ones please)

Because I couldn't burn in ProShow I tried to do it with Nero - (which I did with no problems the other day when I started to get this problem with ProShow burning.)

I can't get it to work in Nero either, when I go to Add the file for "All supporting Files" I see a folder with the name of my Show and the extension _psdata, I open that folder and there are 6 files - 3 with the are VOB files and the others are info - navigationInfo and VOBInfo.

Really at my wits end with this and I have to deliver it tomorrow.
Cheers Pauline

Postby Pauline Collins » Fri May 02, 2008 8:35 pm

Sorry, me again.
Just want to say that I was able to burn with Nero by using the vtsdata_01_data file (VOB File) and it worked. You little beauty!

Sorry to bother you. Would still like to solve my ProShow burning problem though. Could altering the Menu files have anything to do with it???

Cheers Pauline

Valued Member

Postby sihyp » Sat May 03, 2008 6:52 am

Besides the quality media can create problems and confuse us sometimes with what might have happenned wrongly, I don't trust in PST to create DVD output.
I allways give preference on rendering the show to MPG format, instead.
( Is freferible to make a long show from several pieces (files in a/v mpeg format).
When project is finished, then any alternate authoring tool will demultiplex the files to their elementary streams and compile to a DVD.
Finally use Nero burning Rom.

Saying this, surely someone will come soon with Murphy's stuff. But is my method.

Quim

Postby cherub » Sat May 03, 2008 7:19 am

When project is finished, then any alternate authoring tool will demultiplex the files to their elementary streams and compile to a DVD.
Finally use Nero burning Rom.
Quim[

sihypq/Quim
I'm sure that now, after using the a/m words, everybody who will search the forum for a solution to this problem will fully understand what's involved
in burning a DVD ! :D :D :D Everything is now so crystal clear !

Next

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting