Styles Bundle Volume 2 for PSP v4

If you have templates, styles, etc. for sale and you'd like to promote your items please post a link to your own web site here with a description of the items. You will be limited to ONE POST PER WEEK. Posting for other members is not allowed. Follow up responses to posts are not allowed. Any questions or requests must be made in private.

Styles Bundle Volume 2 for PSP v4

Postby im42n8 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:47 am

Well, I finally have a volume 2 completed. In this bundle are 20 styles.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... alb=148411

3 Strips Away 1; 3 Strips Away 2; 3 Strips Away 3; Column Strips Away
Transparent Zoom to 2 Portraits; Page Curl Dual Portraits
Roll Up Image on Left, Right, and Top
Roll Down Image Diagonally From Left, From Right, and From Top
Expanding Frame, Rotate In Rotate Out
Carousel 3 Portrait, Carousel 5 Portrait
Carousel 5 Landscape Images Full
Carousel 5 Landscape Images Simple
Carousel Strip of 4 Wide
Show 4 That Twist into 1

The first three act like effectively page transitions.

The transparent zoom and page curl effects bring in two portrait images over the initial full screen image. In the case of the page curl version, the first two portraits are curled away to reveal a 2nd set of portrait images.

The Rollup and Roll down effects are a kind of page transition too. They simulate the image being rolled up off the screen to reveal the image below or rolled onto the screen.

The Expanding Frame and Rotate effects are additional ways to present images onto the screen.

The Portrait Carousels allow you to add an image during their running (they're a single page style that builds your carousel). The 5 Portrait Carousel also lets you change the background. The landscape carousel comes in 2 types: the Full and Simple. The full runs complete in a single slide. Additional images to extend that carousel are made using the Simple Version. The Simple version can also be used to create a full carousel set as with the portrait versions. It's just a little different is all.

The 4 that Twist into 1 show 4 landscape images one at a time. Arranged in a 2x2 rectangle, they twist out of sight and the new, single image twists into view in their place.

Dale
Last edited by im42n8 on Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Honorary ProShow PHD

Re: Styles Bundle Volume 2 for PSP v4

Postby Rosemary » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:34 am

Hi Dale,

Thank you for these styles - they look great. I am rapidly becoming a styleaholic but could not pass these up :D

Rosemary

Esteemed Member

Postby ladyt » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:06 am

Alright, I confess, I too, am a styleaholic. :oops:

Dale, I downloaded your style pack without even LOOKING at it! The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. That's what comes to mind when I see an offering from you--whether a freebie or not. Your work and guidance can always be counted on.

I am not one to design/develop/create my own styles/templates/frames, etc., so I rely upon the great folks on this forum to do so, and then I get them from you--Jennifer, Mona, Barbara, Iris, etc.

Much appreciation to each of you. (Now if we solve the styles management issue discussed in another thread....)

Peace and blessings,
Gladys

Postby cherub » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:09 am

You are fast Dale !
I watched the demo from your site as the Photodex version just kept buffering and when it reached 19% it just stopped.
Very nice bundle, Dale! :D

Postby im42n8 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:26 am

Thanx Mona,

I don't know what's up with the presenter. The darned thing will stop dead in its tracks sometimes while I'm watching a show and even a screen refresh won't get the blasted thing to play again (it often works to refresh ... but not lately).

Gladys, Now THAT'S FAITH! :D
I'm sure you'll like them. The carousels have been around awhile (see my Rocky Mountain National park and Oregon Coast shows) but it does take time to build them from scratch. I made the portrait versions such that it's not too difficult to add a new image during the sequencing. That's NOT something that Photodex provided (apparently) in their carousel offering. The widescreen one has two flavors ... One adds images to the other's sequence or builds it's own sequence.
There's a couple in there that were inspired by, of all things, TV commercials! (that's the 2nd time that's happened!).

Rosemary! You were the first one to buy these! Thanx! I hope you find them as useful as I have! :D

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).

Postby JaniceMBrown » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:07 pm

DIGGING for credit card! That should tell you how I feel about your work!
Janice
Janice M. Brown
MemoReel Productions
http://www.MyMemoReel.com

skiyak

Postby skiyak » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:37 pm

Hi Dale,

Thanks for your latest stylepack. Looking at your roll-up/roll-down, I knew I wouldn't have a clue how to recreate it, and looking at the style now, I know I'd have no idea and even wonder how you even came up with it. I have some ideas flowing on how to modify them now that I have a framework though.

With yours, Mona's and Photodex's latest style packs, we've sure come a long way from a year or two ago in terms of how our slideshows have changed.

wendy

Postby Frankie » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:03 pm

I sent Dale a message, but just wanted to say on the forum how great these styles are. Really nicely done and with a lot of variety. I know I'll be able to put them to good use right away. Thanks again!

Frankie

Postby im42n8 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:29 pm

Thanx Janice, Wendy, and Frankie!

Much Appreciated! :D

Wendy, sometimes it's just an idea you get in your head about something and then you gotta figure out how to get it. Another part is sometimes hearing something can't be done in Producer. With the exception of the page curl effect, you'll notice that there are no extra graphics ... just solid or gradient layers. I have to give some credit too to Barbara. She couldn't get alpha masks ... and I tried hard to show her where and how they'd be useful (I still don't think she sees a real use for them ... she'll stick with the grayscale ones! :D ) Anyway, it was an attempt to see what could be done without resorting to a graphics program! Well, that and a little imagination and quite a bit of persistence!

Another thing is that there are so many view points on how to do these styles that it helps give everyone choices! Mona's, Jennifers, Photodex's, Iris', and mine are all quite different (actually, I think Jennifer may have provided a 3 pic carousel a coupla years back...minor exception!).

I wonder what's yet to come! :shock: :D

Dale

Postby psychogramma » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:49 pm

Another great set of styles, Dale. Thank you. Now to work on the "how'd he do that." :-) Amazing. I can only hope to have but a bit of the understanding you do about this program and its many ins and outs.

Be well and enjoy ALL!
Cathy

Postby im42n8 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:58 pm

Once you have a handle on the small things (like exactly how the program does things ... the basis for how it performs) then it's a matter of seeing how far you can push it. I need a faster machine! :D

Then too there's the idea of trying to do something other than fading an image on the screen and fading it off again! Inspiration can come from lots of places. The photodex folks (and their demos), movies, TV shows, and commercials! Or imagination. I can't say that I'm NEARLY as imaginative as Barbara, Mona, or Jennifer! (but I try in my small way!).

Oh, I purposefully avoided all modifiers and other version 4 specific stuff (except for blurring) in this set. There were a couple of places where I could have used them (because the program seemed to be acting up slightly) ... but I refrained. :|

Thanx Cathy! Hope you enjoy working with them (great learning tools for keyframing and timings and masks too!). :)

Dale

Postby newtcruiser » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:08 pm

Ditto on everybodys comments. I just love styles too, saves me a ton of work. Dale this set is remarkable and have just ordered mine.

Linda :lol:

Postby psychogramma » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:21 pm

im42n8 wrote:I need a faster machine! :D

LOL so hard here. The eternal chant... "bigger, better, faster computer", please even, begging now. My first computer for graphics work had no internal memory or hard drive and I was in heaven with a 20MB external hard drive. The chant has been bigger, better, faster computer ever since.

Enjoy!
Cathy

P.S. "20MB external hard " that MB is not a typo

Postby im42n8 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:46 pm

I worked with my first computer for two months before I got a hard drive (IBM PC clone, with a color monitor). Initially, I had a dual 360KB floppy drive system with 640KB of memory. When I got a hard drive it was two 20MB drives! Then it was 40MB, then 60MB ... I forget after that. What was it, a 4.77MHz system? Then I went to a 10MHz! My how times have changed! And the applications do more in the background than they used to. Graphics really stress these machines. I gotta get one that gamers might like! I've brought the system to its knees with so many masks and such! ... When solid state memory and drives become common place we'll still be crying for more speed!!! :D

Thanx Linda!

It's nice to have one's work appreciated! After you work with them awhile you kinda get used to them and no longer wowed by them ... they become just another tool (and you forget how special they may be!)! It takes someone else to help see them again. I wasn't sure how well they'd be received!

Dale

Postby PhotoBob » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:09 am

Rosemary wrote:Hi Dale,

Thank you for these styles - they look great. I am rapidly becoming a styleaholic but could not pass these up :D

Rosemary

Rosemary
With having 487 styles, this is going to place me way over, I am not a styleaholic, I am a Stylepsycho!! :) I love creating shows, but I love even more being able to use all of the different type of styles in them. Well where is my checkbook, no...no checkbook.....Charge it!!!!
Producer V5, PS CS6, Lightroom 5, Olympus OMD E-M5
BS Ed Indiana State university, MS Ed Indiana University

Next

Return to ProShow Marketplace