The Frame Locker has a case of decimals

If you have templates, styles, etc. for sale and you'd like to promote your items please post a link to your own web site here with a description of the items. You will be limited to ONE POST PER WEEK. Posting for other members is not allowed. Follow up responses to posts are not allowed. Any questions or requests must be made in private.

The Frame Locker has a case of decimals

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:13 pm

There are 2.5 new sets at The Frame Locker. The decimal is because two sets share a lot of the same designs. It's easier to show you than it is to explain, so go see Happy Critters Framed, and while you're there, click the link to see Happy Critters Alone.

There's also It's a Date!, a really cool perpetual calendar if I do say so myself. 8)

The subscriber list has grown by leaps plus a bunch of bounds, and if you haven't done any leaping yet, now's the time. I'll send you the June 29 newletter where there are links to all the past freebies. I'll be pulling them off the server on around July 15 to make room. Here's the direct link for subscribing: http://www.theframelocker.com/newsletter.html

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Honorary ProShow PHD

Re: The Frame Locker has a case of decimals

Postby pd » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:07 pm

................. It's a Date!, a really cool perpetual calendar.......................

I was never into scrapbooks but this I think this is exceptional and could be incorporated into any show without it being garish. This is a strong word which I hope does not bring the wrath of the scarpbookers on me. Even the simple tune was so effective and Barbara took the trouble to time the sound effects to the clicks. What would be desirable is to have the sound effect separate from the tune and then inserted at will.
Having said that, I have the feeling that the tune is not included in the deal.

Well done Barbara. I will go and see the rest.
Me thinks it is worth subscribing and will be putting my name in.

pd
regards.
pd

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:29 am

Thank you for your kind words. :D

And no, the soundtrack isn't for sale. I composed it, mixed it down, and called it a done deal, but you'd better believe that when I was composing it, I already had the slide show complete sans the soundtrack. Thus, as I was composing, I knew the approximate spots for those clicks. I'm sly if nothing else.

Your newsletter was just sent to you. Grab those freebies while they still live!

Barbara

Postby trulytango » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:41 am

BarbaraC wrote:There's also It's a Date!, a really cool perpetual calendar if I do say so myself. 8)

The calendar looks brilliant Barbara! A really neat addition to a whole range of shows - well done :D

Cute critters too... I love that monkey hanging off a branch 8)

Talk to you soon
Iris
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:07 am

Iris, I had a ball creating the calendar, but I had to finally tell myself very sternly, "That's enough!" it dawned on me that people will enjoy creating their own backgrounds and widgets.

Next up: You, "pd", made a remark that set the old brain in motion, and the brain spoke to my son's brain. He'll be putting together packages of high-quality sound effects for The Frame Locker.

Suggestions welcome. We all know the popularity of the "camera click" sound, but what about other kinds of sounds you've searched for in vain? It'll help to know what people want and need.

Barbara

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby pd » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:01 pm

BarbaraC wrote:.................... You, "pd", made a remark that set the old brain in motion, and the brain spoke to my son's brain. He'll be putting together packages of high-quality sound effects for The Frame Locker.
Barbara

Glad to have been of service. I have heard your son's music months ago and I liked it. I am sure there is a market for this.
Wish you luck in this new venture.

pd
regards.
pd

Postby ChrissyC » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:50 pm

My goodness the elves have been busy!! You have added some adorable things....I wish I was rich...sigh I want it all :lol:
I like to hang out on all the Producer selling sites looking at all the great stuff...
Nice work Barbara..
huggs, Chrissy

Postby cherub » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:25 pm

BarbaraC wrote:...a remark that set the old brain in motion, and the brain spoke to my son's brain. He'll be putting together packages of high-quality sound effects for The Frame Locker.
Suggestions welcome. We all know the popularity of the "camera click" sound, but what about other kinds of sounds you've searched for in vain? It'll help to know what people want and need.
Barbara

This is excellent news, Barbara ! (and Ben !
I remember that I searched (in vain) for sounds of stacking pictures or cards, or the like.
I have two examples of this on my site: Solitaire and Stacking pictures. Both could use some sound effects.
Next in line would be the sound of a turning page in an album or a book ( :idea: )
I'll be thinking of some more and let you know.

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:07 pm

Chrissy, yes, the elves are very busy little creatures, but they're annoying.

Mona, those are good ones. I'm adding them to the list sitting next to me. Keep thinking!

One of the sounds I searched for like crazy was that of a babbling brook. I found them, but the quality just plain awful, and I spent a lot of time cleaning up the best of them.

All kinds of sounds are out there, but for the most part, they're "muddy." You can get high-quality stuff, but it comes in huge collections that cost quite a bit such as at Digital Juice. Why would any of us spend that kind of money because we want the sound of a babbling brook or pages being turned?

Barbara

Postby stiophan » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:29 pm

Hi, Barbara I just signed up for your newsletter it sounds terrific.
In relation to ideas for sound effects I have one I am looking for and it is for A Choice Backgrouds theme, when the wedding rings come together I would like an impressive "metalic forging effect". I have something close but needs improving.

Regards

Steve

Postby BarbaraC » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:30 am

Steve, I have a "metal" list and I'll add you're "tinkling" rings. It could be a long-time coming, however.

To get truly good individual sounds, each has to be recorded inside of as much silence as possible. Then each sound has to be processed to remove any flaws.

It's going to be a while, folks, but please don't stop the suggestions!

Barbara

Return to ProShow Marketplace