SeeMona's Blog: Collection of Styles Vol. 2

If you have templates, styles, etc. for sale and you'd like to promote your items please post a link to your own web site here with a description of the items. You will be limited to ONE POST PER WEEK. Posting for other members is not allowed. Follow up responses to posts are not allowed. Any questions or requests must be made in private.

SeeMona's Blog: Collection of Styles Vol. 2

Postby cherub » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:48 pm

Collection of Styles Vol. 2 - Styles and Template
Only for Producer 4.0.2548 and above

This a relatively small collection of 9 styles which are a bit more special, and which took me some time to put together.
Some of these styles were inspired by effects that I saw on our TV, and others on effects that I saw made in other programs. It was quite a challenge to figure them out, and to find suitable ways to make them work in Producer. The most challenging part was to convert them into styles that work as effectively and as smoothly as possible.

Included in this collection are some very interesting uses of modifiers, gradients, masks, the curling page effect, and some very colorful animations suitable for your summer shows.

I hope you'll like this collection. :D

More details at my site: http://seemonasblog.blogspot.com/
Last edited by cherub on Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: SeeMona's Blog: Collection of Styles Vol. 2

Postby texbrandt » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:26 pm

nicely done. I particularly like the scrolling scroll.

Robert
http://texbrandt.com
"Seeking questions for life's persistent answers."
http://texbrandt.com/blog

Postby cherub » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:41 pm

Hi Robert,
I like the scroll too. It was one of the most difficult styles that I've made to date.
Glad that you like it.

Postby Deb » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:35 am

Hi everyone,

This is a question for everyone with style packs out - just using Mona's as an example -

Lets say I particularly want the scroll style but not the other styles - would it be worthwhile for you to offer individual styles. Just for example, Mona is charging $12.95 for 9 styles which works out to be around $1.45 per style. If she were to offer the individual styles at $3 each, I would probably get the style I wanted ie the scroll style. However, because this option is not available, I am probably not going to buy the package at all because essentially I am paying $12.95 for one style as I won't use the others. Even if I wanted 2 or 3 of the styles, it would be more economical for me to buy them individually - with the current exchange rate, this makes a big difference!! :cry: Just wondering if anyone else thinks the same :?

Regards, Deb

BTW ..... Another great job Mona!!!! :D

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:15 am

Mona, you already know my favorite is the scroll effect, but I thought I'd expound on it a bit: If anyone has tried to do this, they'll have discovered that, just because the effect is elegantly simple, it's anything but simple to create. I know because I tried it last year, and though I managed to create it, it didn't have anywhere near the elegance you managed to put into this style. I suppose I ought to say the painting kitten is my favorite since the kitten is one of my designs, but I just can't be biased about this.

Deb, there are some underpinnings in conducting business on the internet you may not be aware of, and it pretty much all involves how much it costs the vendor to sell something. For instance, for a 1.99 product at my site, I have to give PayPal 36 cents, but that's only if someone in the U.S. buys it. If someone in, say, Europe buys it, PayPal gets a larger percentage. If Mona were to do what you suggest, and since most of her customers are American, there'd be no point in going on. PayPal would eat up her profit, and she'd be working for peanuts.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby cherub » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:59 am

Barbara, Deb, I'm glad that you liked the collection. Thank you for watching and for the nice words.

Deb, Barbara explained very well what it means to sell online. All I can add are the names of some more 3rd parties that take significant fees, in addition to PayPal: the exchange rates, Visa International and the server provider.
So, sorry, but what you suggested is not feasible for me.
And, BTW, the scroll is actually formed of 2 styles.

Valued Member

Postby thedom » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:19 pm

Last edited by thedom on Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tutorials, masks, demos, photoshop actions...Over 180 files already avalaible... and more to come! Please go visit http://www.thedom.fr/share

Postby Deb » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:22 pm

Thanks Mona and Barbara for the replies. What you said makes perfect sense - I thought about the paypal fees after I wrote the post and like Mona said, it doesn't stop there. :cry:

Postby texan » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:49 pm

Perhaps you might consider adding the scroll style to a future styles packet.........

I love your designs
Last edited by texan on Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Texan

Valued Member

Postby quikchip » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:56 pm

Dom,
We love your scrolling effect ........... BUT .... how do we use it with Proshow Producer?

Guess we have to give the award to Mona on this one!!

Postby cherub » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:08 pm

TheDom,
Thank you once again for the permission that you gave me to convert your scroll to Proshow Producer. :D
I'm glad that you like the result.
As I told you at the time, I did not use any of your files, just your idea. I think that Producer has some advantages here, since I was able to create all the masks and gradients in Proshow Producer.

Welcome back to this forum!

Postby AMD » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:04 pm

I purchased the collection just for the scroll; honestly, I felt it was worth the price to have it alone even though I have no idea at present exactly what I shall be doing with it. Guess I'll have to get the old creative juices flowing.

It is very nice, Mona. Thanks!

Ann

Postby cherub » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:29 pm

AMD wrote:I purchased the collection just for the scroll; honestly, I felt it was worth the price to have it alone even though I have no idea at present exactly what I shall be doing with it. Guess I'll have to get the old creative juices flowing.It is very nice, Mona. Thanks!
Ann

And I thank you Ann !!

Texan, I sent you a pm.

Postby francesca » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:44 pm

I too bought it for the scroll !! :)

Mona , tell me if I'm doing this right though:

on the frame with text layer, (you suggest to open our photo editor), I erase the text, then add my own and resave this file as psd. Am I doing this right?

Thanks

Postby cherub » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:49 pm

Hi Francine,
Yes, precisely! you are doing it right!
Glad to hear from you and thank you ! :D

I did try to insert the text from within Producer, and to make it a part of the style, but since each user would have different titles and text to insert, the length of the text would have affected the general transition, so I gave up on this idea.

Next

Return to ProShow Marketplace