using Presenter on my Kindle

Not sure if what you want to post fits in the other forums? Post it here!

using Presenter on my Kindle

Postby patomat » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:57 pm

I am enjoying this forum so much...Thanks to all who started it and take the time to keep it going. Is it possible to load the plug-in on a Kindle? So often shows are .exe and l can't enjoy them of course. Have to wait for PC time. Thanks ... pat

Adding to what you all have mentioned - I do have a Fire - 2nd Generation (2012) - I tried downloading it but it showed up grayed-out on my download app. Still hoping someone may come up with an answer. I do love this blog!!! P
Last edited by patomat on Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: using Presenter on my Kindle

Postby cherub » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:55 am

Unforgunately, no.
The Presenter plug-in works only in browsers on your computer.
It does not work on any of the devices.

Postby debngar » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:40 am

In case you have a "smartphone", you can view members' shows uploaded to YouTube since they don't involve the plug-in.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby cherub » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:59 am

Debbie,
When Pat mentioned "Kindle", I thought the same thing that you did.
But then, I remembered that there is also Kindle Fire , that, if I understand correctly, is a regular tablet, based on a customized Android.
So, maybe that's what Pat is referring to.

Postby debngar » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:12 am

It looks as if the Kindle Fire should be able to do that, yes, (view via YouTube, not via presenter). I'm not that familiar with Kindle products though. Maybe someone else in the forum has one that can say how well that works for viewing YouTube videos.
Last edited by debngar on Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Debbie

Postby tdew » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:52 am

I tried it, but though I can see the entire site and was successful downloading presenter, the Kindle fire could not open the download.
I don't use the Kindle Fire very often, so it may be that someone else will have better luck with it.

Postby debngar » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:23 am

tdew wrote:I tried it, but though I can see the entire site and was successful downloading presenter, the Kindle fire could not open the download.
I don't use the Kindle Fire very often, so it may be that someone else will have better luck with it.

That isn't surprising since Presenter (currently) works only with computers that run Windows OS. The Android OS on Kindle Fire is a different operating system.
Debbie

Postby tdew » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:30 pm

Well, I checked and the Kindle Fire works fine with Youtube or Vimeo.

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:41 pm

tdew wrote:Well, I checked and the Kindle Fire works fine with Youtube or Vimeo.

That is because "Presenter" uses a partially rendered (for lack of a better term) file that contains the images, sound etc. in a partially converted format all packed into a container (sort of like a zip file) if I remember correctly, the "presenter" is basically the same as the .exe file format that simply includes a copy of Presenter in the .exe (the .px file), while the files stored on Youtube or Vimeo are both going to be true video formats

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby tdew » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:37 am

Thanks Mikey, I was just trying it out for the original poster. I rarely use the kindle fire. I prefer just a plain old kindle reader with lots of books on it, my phone, laptop or desktop depending on what I'm doing or where I'm going.

Postby patomat » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:05 am

cherub wrote:Unforgunately, no.
The Presenter plug-in works only in browsers on your computer.
It does not work on any of the devices.

Thanks Mona...have come to realize this...watch on YouTube and read on my Kindle ...the rest on my PC's. I just wanted to say thanks for all you do ...I have so many of your templates and styles and watch your site..read your blogs. Have been creating for years with little time to spend in learning new .. now I'm free to do so ... looking forward to trying new and learning from you pros ... Thanks for sharing your wonderful talents...Pat (pjwcrafts)

Return to Odds & Ends