Good deal on DVD Cases

Not sure if what you want to post fits in the other forums? Post it here!

Good deal on DVD Cases

Postby KellyInAz » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:15 am

I just bought 100 standard DVD cases for $22.00. This place has free shipping on a lot of their stuff as well.

http://www.shop4tech.com

If you use the coupon code Turkey10 you will receive 10% off your order! Lot's of good stuff on there. They have silver printable DVDs as well. I passed on those and get the white ones cheaper at Sams Club.

Hope you can take advantage of these great deals! :D

Kelly

For those of us in Canada

Postby nannybear » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:33 am

This is where I go and they are aproximately .27 cents a piece.

http://www.blankdvdmedia.com/products/B ... olds_1.php

Great site for other things too.....Cheers Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Postby KellyInAz » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:18 am

Hi Jan,

That's a good deal too! The one I posted has free shipping so the cases come out to .22 each. I'm always scouting for the best deals and will bookmark your site. Thanks for sharing.

Kelly

Postby marmart » Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:34 pm

This is where I buy all my "stuff" http://www.supermediastore.com/index.html

I can get cases for .13/ea and Tayo Yuden for .30/ea. They have all brands and whenever I have bought they have offered free shipping. I have been very satisified with quality and service.

Mary

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:12 pm

What advantages or disadvantages are there to using the DVD plastic case vs. using a CD case for a DVD? Any issues with making the printed labels one way or the other?
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby KellyInAz » Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:02 pm

DickK wrote:What advantages or disadvantages are there to using the DVD plastic case vs. using a CD case for a DVD? Any issues with making the printed labels one way or the other?

I like using the DVD cases for a professional look. I by special paper and print professional inserts. My customers love them. If I'm doing one just for myself I use a cd case as it is easier to store.

The only issues I can think of would be using a lot more ink for the larger print out.

Hope that answers your question. I'm sure others will have input as well.

Kelly

Postby dtpitts » Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:13 pm

I currently use the CD case for the DVD's and design a label then ink-jet print on the DVD itself. I would like to start using the DVD cases for a more professional look. How is this best done? What papers are you using? Any suggestions would be appreciated! Also, when you do the printing on the inserts do you also label the DVD itself?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and tips!

Teresa
:)

images-that-move

Postby images-that-move » Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:13 pm

Hey Teresa,

I use DVD cases (and sometimes just standard CD cases -- especially for business presentations).... but when I do DVDs I use a very high quality paper (24lbs) with a slight sheen, typically white but have some light blue and ivory... (I don't remember the brand since I already unwrapped the packs -- Wasau? maybe...). Anyway I use Photoshop to compile the cover. I have used labels before but a lot of players say that is a no-no... and I've had one client refuse a DVD with a label (he got one stuck before -- not one of mine... whew...)... so I switched over to the Epson R1800... works great for small runs.... If I have over 20 copies to make there is a local company that has ability to do small scale dupicating for a reasonable price (and it varies greatly from number of copies to turn-around time but most times I 'barter" a deal...)....

Hope that helps you..!!

Bob

Postby dtpitts » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:43 am

Thanks Bob!
I am going to give the paper a try, I think it looks so professional in the larger DVD cases. Where do you purchase the paper? And a great tip for the multiple copies, I will have to call around in my area, since I do not have a duplicator for larger orders... what a time saver!
I am in the process of figuring out the PSG 3.0... it is amazing how quickly you can get used to using one product, I am still trying to figure out all the bells and whistles on this version. I can't imagine going to Producer, as much as I would like to, I am not so sure that I could wrap my brain around all that information!!! :0 I'm having fun figuring out the PSGv3!!!

Talk to ya later,
Teresa
:)

images-that-move

Postby images-that-move » Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:55 am

Hey Teresa,

I bought the paper at OfficeMax or Staples (it was the high end brand 90+bright -- if I recall correctly it carried an IBM logo -- but it was just packaged with their logo I think Wasua was the manufacturer)...

Duplicator has really been a real benefit!!

Hey Producer is great but with all the new improvement to PSG it will serve you well....

Take care!!!

Bob

Postby webcombo » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:24 pm

Hey guys, check out my post in tips and tricks for PSG or PSP about how I create my DVD cases and about printing. Should help you a lot.

I also get my stuff at www.supermediastore.com as well.

Rob

Return to Odds & Ends