dvd brand

Not sure if what you want to post fits in the other forums? Post it here!

dvd brand

Postby KarenLynn58 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:18 pm

Probably ans old question...but I am having trouble.
Is there one DVD brand that is better than the other...
I am having trouble burning a DVD that will work on someone's DVD player...

Thanks!

Re: dvd brand

Postby Jean-Paul » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:35 pm

Hi,

Yes Taiyo Yuden, but also make sure that you
finalize all your disks. You can verify that in
your burning software programs settings.

Have fun,
amicalement Jean-Paul

This forum is to ProShow enthusiasts, what hair is to the gorilla

PSP v5 (last releas) PC: Win. 7 x64, CPU Intel i7, Memory RAM 12 GB, Disk partition (C:) SSD, GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285, Monitor 23” HD, GPU Benchmark for PSP 372.

Postby gpsmikey » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:38 pm

What is the problem with the DVD's that you are seeing ? I use the TY premium myself and have never had any issues with them, however, there are other things that can cause issues as well.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby texan » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:38 am

FYI:

The real problem is usually the DVD players........older models have a difficult time "reading" current technology
created PC DVDs..........

I had one client that had problems with every DVD I sent her...........

One day she sent me an email with an apology......she had purchased a new DVD player and EVERY DVD disk I had sent her, worked perfect.......

I frankly don't buy "expensive" DVD blanks for this very reason......

I have two DVD players and test all of my shows (I do virtual tours for Realtors) in my players before I send them to a client........

Good luck
Texan

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:24 am

That was the reason I asked what the problems were. Cheap disks are notorious for "forgetting" what is written on them down the road or reading well below their rated speed (stuttering, jumping etc.). There is also an issue I have personally run into that involves some old DVD players. The DVD standard says that for NTSC (PAL is different) DVD's, at least one audio track MUST be either AC3 or LPCM. Most DVD creators default to Mpeg Layer 2 (compressed) audio (including Proshow, Sony DVD Architect etc.). Almost all of the new players will play almost any format you throw at them, but some of the older ones don't and you end up with a disk that everybody else can play, but one person will come back and say "great video, but no sound". Yes, I have run into that and it took me a while to find what it was - when I recreated the DVD using LPCM for the audio instead of LP2, it played just fine in his player. Some of the older players were also very fussy about DVD+R vs DVD-R formats and others would refuse to play any RW media.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Esteemed Member

Postby Merlin_AZ » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:35 pm

I use Verbatim and don't have any issues.

Postby cinderellen » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:11 am

I use Taiyo Yuden ALWAYS - have never had a failure on probably 500 that I've burned. In the for what's it's worth department, I had several clients with older DVDs that these would not play on. Since that time I have used +R DVDs and have never had an issue. The handful of older DVD players still out there accept the +Rs when they might not play the -Rs.

Ellen

Return to Odds & Ends