Photo humor

Not sure if what you want to post fits in the other forums? Post it here!
Jenn

Photo humor

Postby Jenn » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:33 pm

If you haven't seen it yet, check out the Cathy cartoon in today's funnies (Jan 21 2007). Hilarious!! (It's about storing photos.)

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:02 pm

Very funny (well, not for everyone - I have seen a number of
posts in the rec.photo groups where people have lost the last
years worth of pictures -- all on one card, never downloaded,
just erase a couple here and there to make room for two shots
of grandma ... then the card either a) gets corrupted , b) gets
formatted, c) goes through the wash or d) gets lost. )

It is tough sometimes though to keep up and resist the
temptation to "use the other card and back this up later".

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:16 pm

Me, I'm paranoid about my pictures. I'm really sure Murphy is out to get me! :twisted: Sometimes I'm even right--boot drive on this machine died an ugly death 9 days ago. Wasn't worried about the pictures because they weren't on that drive and I knew they were protected--wish I could say the same about the mail files in Outlook :(

The first thing I do after getting anything important on a card is dump it to the PC drive. If I was a pro, I don't think I'd want to go anywhere without a laptop so I could get everything stored in at least two places at the end of a shoot. For me, images get put on the PC ASAP but stay on the card until I've written the "protect copy" CD for that batch. At least monthly the entire photo tree is backed up to DVD and across the LAN to another machine's hard drive.

Memory cards will get erased at the wrong time (oooooops :shock: ). Hard drives will fail. Count on it and plan for it. Now if I could just remember to backup other stuff as well as the pictures... nahhhh I got my priorities straight ;)
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Return to Odds & Ends