rotating while rotating.

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

rotating while rotating.

Postby swimflyfast » Fri May 05, 2017 4:42 am

I have been absent from this product and forum for many years. Glad to see its still here.

I would like to have a large inner circle (arrows) rotating at a slow rate and a smaller circle of arrows that rotate at a faster rate while circling around the bigger one.
has anyone figured this out?

I hope to be a contributor as soon as I catch back up from years lost not using this great tool. :lol:

Re: rotating while rotating.

Postby cherub » Fri May 05, 2017 6:28 am

These are ProShow's limitations:
Each layer can have but one type of rotation, around a single Rotation Center.
Let's say that the bigger circle has a Rotation Center in its middle. (0,0)
The smaller circle needs to have a Rotation Center that is in exactly in the same place as the bigger circle. Insert negative and/or positive values for the Rotation Center, until you see that it is absolutely in the same place as the 0,0 of the bigger one. This will cause the smaller circle to circle around the bigger one.
BUT, the smaller circle will not be able to rotate in itself. It will remain static. There is no option for a second type of rotation with a second Rotation Center, in its own middle.

Not exactly the effect that you are after, but that's all that we can do for now.

Postby heckydog » Fri May 05, 2017 7:12 pm

It could be done using other software, then importing an animated gif or other video into ProShow.

I don't have Gold but I would guess it can import a video the same way Producer can.

Joe

Postby cherub » Fri May 05, 2017 7:52 pm

heckydog wrote:It could be done using other software, then importing an animated gif or other video into ProShow.

I don't have Gold but I would guess it can import a video the same way Producer can.

Joe

Yes, of course.
Gold can import an animated gif or video the same way as Producer, though it doesn't have the Chroma Key adjustments that might be needed here.

Return to PSG - General Discussion