Uploading show to Facebook

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

Uploading show to Facebook

Postby rachel77 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:24 pm

I am having major problems trying to upload a finished show to my facebook page. I use vimeo and have no problem copy/pasting the vimeo link to my page to post it but when I try to actually put it in a folder labeled "video's" on my page I cannot do it. I would like to have all the video's I do in a folder just like regular photo's, friends, likes and all that are labeled. There is one labeled "videos" and when I select that then it says to pick the video you want to upload I do and then it starts the process of "please wait whiley our video uploads" but it never finishes and shows it's there??? I have tried uploading it as a AVI and a MPEG and nothing........ any help anyone. They are also under the minutes, facebook says under 20 minutes and mine are like less than 4 most of them. Any ideas that I should look for or try? Oh, also using ProShow Gold...

Re: Uploading show to Facebook

Postby debngar » Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:00 pm

I personally use YouTube - render the show at highest quality for YT, saving the avi file on my computer. Then while I'm signed into my YT channel, I upload it online from the website by browsing for the file to complete the process. It rarely fails. A couple of years ago when I uploaded directly to YT through ProShow (Producer) I experienced a few failures so I decided to do save the rendered file to the computer first and have done it that way ever since.

Once the show is on my YT channel, I simply paste the show URL into a post. Unless FB is messing around with their service, it almost always posts fine except for the occasional post that seems to not show the thumbnail. When that happens, I might wait a while then try to post to FB again.

You can't put your Vimeo hosted video in a FB "folder" because anything in those folders are actually photos or videos that are uploaded straight to FB, not hosted on another site like Vimeo or YT. FB becomes the holder of the uploaded video file just like photos uploaded straight to FB. I don't have a video "folder" for my YT video URLs posted to FB because they are hosted by YT.

I've heard some people having trouble uploading videos directly to FB so I don't bother using FB to host my videos. So far, I've been happy enough using YT.

Hope that makes sense.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby Livonne » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:41 am

If I'm uploading to FB, I either upload through Youtube and paste the link or I upload directly through FB, so I save the file to my computer first and then upload it as a video on FB. It does take double time to do this, but I like to be able to find my videos in a file like you. If you upload a link, they are not saved as videos.

Postby rachel77 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:25 pm

I get what both of you are saying but I want to have the slideshows in the "video" file on my business facebook page so that people can go right to them. So like when I meet someone interested I can tell them to go to my page and to the "video" file option and watch them there?? I guess what I am saying is I don't want them on my wall or timeline, I want them in the folder labled "video". Not sure if the way you guys are saying to link them to you tube would work. I put them on now linked to my vimeo but that doesn't store them in a folder on the page?

Postby cherub » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:43 pm

You are right Rachel, a link on YouTube or on Vimeo won't store your video on your FB page.
FB seems to have some restrictions on what size of video you need to upload, and which I could never figure out.
Like all the others, I also use YouTube links on my FB page, and in addition, I have a YouTube Channel that people can visit if they want to.
I don't think that the quality on FB is good enough to impress people. :D

Return to PSG - General Discussion