PSP 4.5 OK button

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

PSP 4.5 OK button

Postby BadBehavior » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:23 am

I am embryonic(i was told not to use "newbie") with PSP(4.5). I am trying to learn keyframing at PalWebs. His instruction is well thought out, he's English, they know how to teach. BUT, when building one of his tutes mine did not fulfill the end product like the sample he has shown. I can only surmise I skipped a step. It seems that I do not know, when using multiple slides, WHEN do I hit the "OK" button? I really can't find any literature that tells me. If I hit "OK" everytime I do a keyframe app, I have to click the storyline slide and start all over. Seems to redundant, can someone come down to my level and ease my frustration? I really like this program and want to conquer!
Gratefully
BadBehavior

Re: PSP 4.5 OK button

Postby cherub » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:43 am

Can you please start over, and write in simple words, what is it that you want to do?
Keyframes?
Multiple slides?
OK button - for what exactly ?
Are you trying perhaps to use the Wizard?

Postby BadBehavior » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:37 pm

cherub wrote:Can you please start over, and write in simple words, what is it that you want to do? >> Simply do this. http://www.palwebs.co.uk/pstemplates/ex ... rames.html
Keyframes? "). > I am trying to learn keyframing at PalWebs"
Multiple slides? >"when using multiple slides, WHEN do I hit the "OK" button?"
OK button - for what exactly ? > To make sure what i have entered and finalized a process and does not leave it out, in other words a lost function, such as Rotate, Pan, Zoom, etc,
Are you trying perhaps to use the Wizard?
NO

Postby gpsmikey » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:44 pm

"NO" ???? You would prefer "Tuesday" perhaps? There are lots of places where there is an "OK" button visible. Usually when you are done modifying a slide, however, you don't specify just where you are seeing this, so we are only guessing what you are talking about. I did try to read your mind, but drew a blank :twisted:

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby debngar » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:25 pm

The user interface changed a lot with V5 (released Nov 2011). The latest version is 6. It appears the Palweb tutorial was done in an older version. The screens may throw a user trying to learn on a different version. While some forum members still may have an older version on their computer, there are probably few members that post regularly who use 4.5 much and most people have likely uninstalled the older versions as they upgraded. I haven't opened 4.5 in about two years.

You'd have to find someone willing to hold your hand through the process that still uses the older 4.5 version so both of you are looking at the same user interface.

If you upgraded to a current version, you might have better luck following the more current video tutorials offered by a number of other sources, including Photodex and several other members who post in this fourm. The screens may better match what you're looking for.

Good luck.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby debngar » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:49 pm

If you're trying to learn keyframing, you are not using multiple slides. You would be working on just one slide.

It could be you need to back up and familiarize yourself with the basics first. Without using the accurate terms associated with what you're doing and looking at, a breakdown of communication will happen and you may not get the answers you're looking for.

I still recommend paying for an upgrade to the latest version. At least there will be more people that are looking at the same screens you'd be looking at. :roll:
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby BarbaraC » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:52 am

Just guessing here, but it appears the question may be whether or not the OK button on the Options screen must be clicked every time the least little thing is altered. If that's the question, then no, you don't have to. When the OK button is clicked, everything you've done since opening the Options screen is saved.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby cherub » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:10 am

So many comments, on a nonsense post :D :D

Postby BadBehavior » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:44 am

BarbaraC wrote:Just guessing here, but it appears the question may be whether or not the OK button on the Options screen must be clicked every time the least little thing is altered. If that's the question, then no, you don't have to. When the OK button is clicked, everything you've done since opening the Options screen is saved.

Barbara
UNbelievable!!! (Barbara Bless your Buttons) That is exactly what I asked!! Thanks for real insight, kind of renews my enthusiasm after be quashed by the KeyBoard Jockeys! Cherub, "NONSENSE??" sorry I offended you. Read Barbara's answer. Your apology accepted.
OK, will go for Ver. 6
Thanks again Barbara, I have enjoyed what I have learned so far.
BadBehavior

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:44 am

considering everybody had to guess what you were talking about (including Barbara), YOU are the one that is not describing the problem clearly. Have a nice day anyway.
Certainly see where you got your name. Sorry to have bothered you - us "Keyboard Jockies" will not offend you again by trying to figure out what you are talking about.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to PSG - General Discussion