How to change the text

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

How to change the text

Postby Lulu348 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:23 am

When I go to an existing photo slide, I right click it and go to the Wizard to help me add in text to the photo. After I do that, it always appears in white in a black rectangular "box" on the left hand side.

When I double click the picture to bring up options to change the font, etc., I don't see where I can remove that black rectangular box, or manipulate what I've written. I do see where you can change the font, size and color.

1) How do I get rid of the box.
2) After i add the text, when I try to change the slide presendation and transition it does the same thing all the time.

Re: How to change the text

Postby cherub » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:16 am

I see what you mean. It seems that the Wizard automatically adds a black rectangular as a background to a caption.

Well, first of all, you don't need to use the Wizard to add a caption to a picture. You can simply choose the slide, and enter the caption that you want, as you want it.

But, if you do use the Wizard, you can get rid of that rectangular by opening the slide and deleting the layer named "Text Strip".
This is how to do it:

In the Slide List, double click on that particular slide to open it. You will see the Slide Options menu.
In Layers, select the first layer named Text Strip, and then click on the minus sign. This will remove the layer, leaving just your caption.

Re: How to change the text

Postby Lulu348 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:13 am

Thank you so much!

Return to PSG - General Discussion