Additional Disc Burning

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

Additional Disc Burning

Postby petejan » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:46 am

I seem to have had a brain melt down, but I cannot remember how to burn additional discs in pro-show. I have producer and need to burn additional discs of a wedding to give to other family members. I open the "recent" file go to publish and then request the disc to be burned. It then re-creates the show and in blu ray format takes 1.30 hours to finish but is not burning the disc in the drive. I have looked at the settings but upto now cannot find anything that lets me just burn the show onto a subsequent disc.

I know it should not be this difficult but now have "page" blindness....can anyone prod me back in the right direction?

Pete

Re: Additional Disc Burning

Postby heckydog » Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:36 am

If you have a copy of the disc any 3rd party burning software will be able to make copies of it. I'd recommend Imgburn since it's free and reliable.

The procedure is to create an image file on your hard drive and then burn as many copies as you need using that image file.

You can also create the image file (iso file) in Producer. Select the Burning tab and for Disc Writer select ISO Image File.

Joe

Postby petejan » Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:42 am

Thanks Joe

Job done

Pete

Postby gpsmikey » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:01 pm

Note that the free Imgburn also will make an image file (ISO) FROM a disk (assuming it is not a copy protected/encrypted disk). If you have a disk you created in the past, Imgburn can create an ISO of that on your hard drive which will a)allow you to make additional exact copies and b) gives you a good backup if something happens to the original disk (those things are notorious for getting lost in a stack of papers etc., never to be seen again :evil: ) I should mention another advantage to an ISO file - you can put it in one of the file transfer utilities (like DropBox) and let someone on the other side of the world grab it and make their own copy of the disk that matches yours exactly.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to PSG - General Discussion