ProShow Gold to flash drive

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related
Honorary ProShow PHD

Re: ProShow Gold to flash drive

Postby pd » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:38 am

This week I created an MP4 for a very simple slideshow. It was imperative to be the best possible output as it was going to be displayed on an 80 inch TV.
Everybody was impressed by the quality and I will therefore share my notes with you;
- Video for Web, Devices & Computers
- VideoFile / Mpeg4 / H.264 1080p

Follow the instructions as given by Mikey. Today's TVs will have a USB input. All will show pictures, but, be aware that not all can play .mp4. You usually have the facility to keep the show looping if it the only mp4 in the pen drive. Otherwise it will loop all mp4 in that pen drive. This could be very convenient. If you want to exclude this, just rename temporaily the mp4 extension to mp4x.

I have given up on the .exe version. The file size is acceptable but quality is rather poor. Sharing an executable can raise a few eyebrows.

regards
pd
regards.
pd

Re: ProShow Gold to flash drive

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:10 am

pd brings up a good point about .exe files - I too have had issues with doing it that way (especially for more complex shows), but the biggest issue with that is that it will only run on a PC AND more important, there are a lot of folks out there that will run screaming into the night if you want to put an exe on their machine ( exe files can contain all sorts of nasty things whereas an mp4 is just a video file).

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Previous

Return to PSG - General Discussion