Switch to full style
Discuss anything ProShow Gold related
Post a reply

Brand New to Producer

Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:57 pm

I am brand new to Pro Show Producer 8 could anyone direct me to a very basic getting started video on this site. Thanks

Re: Brand New to Producer

Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:12 pm

G'day Bob

There are a lot of training videos on their You Tube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/c/photodex

Regards

Carl

Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:11 pm

Look through the tutorials section on this site for PSG (if you have Gold) or PSP (if you have Producer).

You posted in the GOLD section .... if you DO have Producer, check out the PRODUCER stuff...

Even some of the older stuff can be of use, despite the change in User Interface. There is some stuff there I'm sure you'll find useful.

Dale
Last edited by im42n8 on Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:40 pm

Being as you say you are new to Producer, one of the key (pun intended) things to learn is keyframes. It takes a bit to get your head around them, but once you do, you will really appreciate them. Basically they allow you to define exactly what happens at any given time during a slide for example (hold, zoom in a bit, hold, pan etc - all in one slide). Search here for keyframes - there is quite a bit of info on them (also Google them - they are used all the time in things like video editors etc.) Gold does not have keyframes, and this is posted in the Gold discussion group, but you indicate you have Producer.

Also, strangely enough, the users manual is pretty good (contrary to most user manuals I seem to get these days).

mikey

Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:02 am

Masks, when combined with the keyframes Mikey talks about, are an absolute powerhouse in Producer. Both can sometimes take a while to get comfortable with, and what's often suggested is that you start out with basic things. If you're moving up from Gold, act as if that's what you're still using, and then learn all the extras one item at a time rather than getting buried in too much information all at once.
Post a reply