CD to computer copy??

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

CD to computer copy??

Postby larry31 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:37 pm

I have a CD slide show created with ProSho Gold. I lost all my computer files that were used to create the CD. Is there a way to use the CD to get these files back, and able to open that show in ProSho gold V-6.0.3410

Esteemed Member

Re: CD to computer copy??

Postby Marie78 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:40 am

Hello

Sorry for you but except if you chose the option to put the Proshow files ont the CD with the show, it is not possible.
Chris Marie

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:22 pm

Is this an executable on the CD or video file? If it is a video file, you can edit the video in a video editor although that is probably not what you want to do but it is about the only option you have. Did you have a hard drive crash or just what? Sometimes there are ways to get the data back off a bad hard drive although it is not a simple task often.
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby larry31 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:28 pm

It's not an executable file or a video file.
No files in folder Audio_TS
The Video_TS folder has several files with
BUP. IFO,VOB extensions.
There are no other files showing in that CD

When cd is inserted in the disk drive on my computer, it starts playing the slide show automatically

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:37 pm

Is this a CD or DVD? There was a CD format that supported low res video (VCD was one of them), however, the normal file format you describe is what is on a DVD typically. The files you mention are typical of the DVD - here is a link that explains what those files are on the DVD (the bad news is they are video format, so you still will have to do any editing with a video editor unless you burned the DVD and included your source files on it as well) https://www.videohelp.com/dvd
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to PSG - General Discussion