Paradise Camp Fire Survivor

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

Paradise Camp Fire Survivor

Postby Robbinjaye » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:53 am

Greetings guys,

I'm back!

I am a survivor of the Northern California Paradise Camp Fire that completely burned down OUR WHOLE TOWN. My house that I rented for 12 years burnt to the ground and I have lost EVERYTHING I have ever owned in my life. All my photography, musical instruments, computers, etc...... everything. The whole town of Paradise is gone. Magalia and Concow were half burnt down. I am lucky to be alive. Driving off that hill through that fire was like Armageddon. This was a catastrophic, horror of a disaster.

I have been homeless with my 75 year old mother for FIVE MONTHS STRAIGHT. 50,000 people have been effected from this one fire. Our town blew up!

I just got a place FINALLY. It is so great not to be living in our car, hotels, sleeping on strangers sofas, etc.... I am going from a huge 3 bedroom house with a 2 car garage and huge yard, to a crappy old single wide trailer on a lot. But we are so happy not to be homeless anymore.

I have been trying to find the Proshow Producer customer service number so I can have a link emailed to me to download my ProShow Producer. I lost everything so I don't have my CD, book and/or info. I do however, have a new laptop. I have never had a laptop before. I have always been a desktop user for my graphics and video editing. But I have been told that ProShow Producer will work just fine on a laptop. It's a $1000.00 laptop so it better.

THE REASON FOR THIS POST: How do I contact ProShow Producer customer service? Will I be able to get my software back? I paid a lot for it. I have to have my Proshow back!!! Any info that may help me is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Robbinjaye
4-26-19

Re: Paradise Camp Fire Survivor

Postby cherub » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:50 pm

I'll start with the end:
You must use this form to contact Photodex: http://www.photodex.com/contact
Live telephone calls are no longer an option.
They'll email you all thr registration information that you need, have no fear.

I am very sorry to read what you had to go through since that fire.
My heart goes out to you.
But at the same time, I'm asking myself.... is America no longer the land of the dreams?
How it's even possible to go through such a misfortune, to remain completely destitute, and to have nobody to give you a helping hand?

Postby Robbinjaye » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:52 pm

Hi Cherub,

I have already done that once. They sent me an automated email with a ticket number. That was weeks ago and I am still waiting for communication from them. This upsets me that I cannot speak with anyone. I spoke with them a few months back and he said when I get a place and a new computer they could just send me a link to download my software onto my new computer. Is there no more customer service with PhotoDex / ProShow Producer?

The whole town burnt down. 52,000 people became homeless in the town below called Chico, CA. The fire burnt through Pluga, Concow, Magalia and the whole town of Paradise. It is still a disaster zone here. I am fortunate to have found a place to live. There was a housing crisis before the fire, now..... its devastation. There has been nothing but angels along the way helping. FEMA, Red Cross, donations centers, etc...... Like I said, this was catastrophic.

Please advice on my situation. How are they going to contact me back? Through email?????

Thank you.

Postby cherub » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:15 pm

Sorry, I don't work for Photodex, and this is all I know.
They no longer have a service dept. that can be contacted by phone.

Postby fishyseahorse53 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:12 pm

If you have internet access, go to their web page and at the bottom there are some links for YOUR ACCOUNT. Just log in with your email address and password and click on the YOUR PRODUCT which will have all the products you have purchased with your associated serial number and a link to the version of PSP or PSG that goes with your purchases.

Postby Robbinjaye » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:24 pm

fishyseahorse53

You were a HUGE help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH. I was able to log into my account and see my registration code, when I purchased it on Jan 3rd, 2012. FREE upgrades ended on Jan 3rd, 2013.

It says I am eligible for ProShow Producer 5.0.3297. It also says that there is an upgrade for me of ProShow Producer 9. Is there a difference? What is the difference between those two?

Thanks in advance.

Postby obeeone » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:34 pm

G'day

It all depends on which version you had before. If you had version 5.0.3297 then that's the one you need to download and enter the registration on. If you had ver 9 then you will have a separate code for that. If you didn't have ver 9 before then you would have to purchase it.

Carl
Photodex Gallery: http://www.photodex.com/share/obeeone

There are 10 types of people who understand binary:
Those who do and those who don't.

Esteemed Member

Postby Marie78 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:45 pm

Hello Robbinjaye

There are many improvments between 5 and 9 and you need to pay only update and not full version if you want to update.

I you are not sure you need the benefit of improvemnt you may try it before.

Download and install it but without uninstalling Version 5.

So you may test it and decide...

You may have an idea of what is possible on each version by looking the website of Choice Slides (or others). There you can see, among the styles proposed, those which work with one version and not with others depending of the possibility of the version.

I send you friendly thoughts
Chris Marie

Postby Robbinjaye » Wed May 01, 2019 7:48 pm

Thank you for all your tips.

I guess, if I had version 5 something and now there is version 9, I should upgrade to the version 9. How different can it be? I must be better right? After all the bug and errors worked out, improved, etc... It's still ProShow Producer right? Did I miss out on 6, 7 and 8 versions?

Or..

Should I upgrade to the Gold. How different is the Gold?

I know I could do some research and homework but I am in such a hurry to get it downloaded on my laptop so that I have it again that I don't want to take the time out to do so.

What are your options? I think I should upgrade the $80 or $90 bucks to upgrade to ProShow Producer 9. What do you think?

Postby fishyseahorse53 » Wed May 01, 2019 9:16 pm

During installation, there's a default destination folder. If you use what's there it will overwrite the current installation. If you already have one version installed and still want it on your laptop, then don't use the default folder name. Instead just change the default destination by adding 9 at the end of the foldername. The shortcut icon on your desktop will point to the last one installed. You will have use START to get to the other version or make another shortcut for the older version

Esteemed Member

Postby Marie78 » Thu May 02, 2019 7:05 am

Hello

Gold in a simpler version, then this would be downgrading and not upgrading.

As I told you : looking the styles proposed on Choice Slides website where is mentionned "working with versions..." helps to distinghish what new effect can be done.

Perhaps you can find on Photodex website the pages "What is new" for each version 6, 7, 8 and 9
Chris Marie

Postby Robbinjaye » Thu May 02, 2019 8:31 am

You guys,

I lost my computer in the fire. My WHOLE house burnt down. The WHOLE town burnt down. Lost everything I have every owned.

I have NEW computer in the form of a laptop. Therefore, I have NO ProShow Producer on my computer at all.

So then, If I want to download ProShow Producer 9 (on my new computer), I hit download instead of upgrade??? Do I have to put in my registration number?

This is the whole reason of this posted thread, since there is no customer service anymore.

In other words, if I have NO ProShow on my computer at all.... Do I hit download or upgrade? If I hit upgrade, will it still download what I had before and just upgrade it?

[Imgur](https://i.imgur.com/Yx39CRl.png)

[Imgur](https://i.imgur.com/k6CFt0q.png)

[Imgur](https://i.imgur.com/yhSZLH9.png)

Esteemed Member

Postby Marie78 » Thu May 02, 2019 2:22 pm

Hello

First :

Then you may
  • Download version 9
  • install it in a different folder, without licence (you'll have the yellow banner in the middle of your shows made with this version)
  • test it and decide if paying to upgrade worth it or not according to your usage of Proshow

If yes, you only have to pay for the upgrade, start version 9 and enter the licence information that you will receive after payment.
Chris Marie

Postby Robbinjaye » Thu May 02, 2019 10:39 pm

THANK YOU VERY MUCH Marie78 !!! :D

Return to PSG - General Discussion