Photodex is closing January 30th

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

Photodex is closing January 30th

Postby ChrissyC » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:32 pm

I just got an e-mail saying Photodex is closing it's doors and gave me the name of a new Slide show maker Photopia It's subscription and it's not cheap!!!

Re: Photodex is closing January 30th

Postby Marc NY » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:06 am

I did as well, and I hoping to be able to install ProShow 9 and all my style packs on my next new computer in the future. I really love working with this software and will hate to see the end of ProShow. I hope that we will still be able to visit this website to continue reading about everyone's questions and answers and continue talking to other great members.

Postby ggkelly46 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:38 pm

the alternative is just too expensive for me, I got a deal from Adobe just before the first of the year for not much more than this. I wish that since they are going out oif business maube they would let their loyal customers download all the effects packs, as a thank you.

Postby Oztours » Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:07 pm

The following link will allow you to download all the different packs; however, you still need your registration key relative to each individual pack.

https://www.proshowblog.com/2015/09/tim ... -settings/

Anybody know of a way to get around this as I am another one who will continue to use Producer for as long as I can? I intend to download those I don't have in case a solution comes up.

I did download and trial the new Photopia versions but full of bugs and too expensive for my pension to budget it in at this point.

Postby CindyE » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:34 am

I love ProShow Producer and also hope to use it as long as possible. I did download the install files again from the now closed Photodex site. These are supposedly available for a limited time there.

http://www.photodex.com

The registration key info should have been emailed to you when you first purchased the products. I read on the Photodex site prior to closure that anyone wanting to reinstall should be able to without any problems as long as you have the install file and your key. I have a second computer I tried this on yesterday and installation and start up went without a hitch. I also debated on the merits for me of going with Photopia, but unfortunately cost is prohibitive for me being mainly a casual user and a retiree. I mainly make shows for myself, friends, and family. If the program wasn't subscription based, I probably would have gone for it however.

Someone also mentioned they had problems when trying to purchase something before shut down. I purchased the 9 upgrade and several style packs, one of those on the last day before 5 PM and had no problems with them. The email was almost instantaneous and I received the second email with registration info within 30 minutes or so. There's a contact email on the Photodex.com site at
support15423@photodex.com for assistance for a limited time.

While a newbie to this forum, I have followed it for awhile and hope it stays available. I have downloaded some great templates that have been offered and thank those who offered them.

Postby Oztours » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:51 pm

@CindyE

Oh yeah, I made absolutely certain I have all my registration info. Although I already have that safely tucked away, I still logged in before they closed and had the email notification sent again. :D I would have also purchased a couple more style packs I wanted, but sadly, the $$$$ just weren't there. :cry: :cry: I was kinda hoping they may have offered them free of charge on closure. 8) 8) 8)

I certainly concur on having this site stick around. Like many people, I found, and still find, this site a valuable resource for information and the offerings of people with more talent than I.

Return to PSG - General Discussion